Hello From Toronto

DocMatthew

Hello TFT! I'm relatively new to the salt water hobby, but have been keeping freshwater tanks (usually just 1 at a time) for most of my life. I started out as a kid with the typical tropical tank with tetras, angel fish that attacked each other, some plastic plants and the obligatory ceramic arch. As time went on, my tank and taste in fish morphed. For a while I dabbled in cichlids, but never really got hooked on them. My current tank has been operational for about 10 years and is a 30 gallon, heavily planted tank with lots of small fish (the smaller, the better), mainly rasboras of a variety of types and tetras.

Just before Christmas, while looking for a small tank for my 8 year old son, who wanted a tank in his room, I came across a listing on Kijiji for a 6G Fluval Edge that had been set up for SW use. Seemed like too good an opportunity to pass up, and with a very small bit of encouragement from the wife (not sure she knew what she was agreeing to), I bought the set up and began the addiction!

I let the tank cycle for a month, then added frags. I've picked up frags from Reef Boutique, FragBox, Mad Jelly Corals and FragCave, and am pretty pleased with how things are looking. I've started a tank thread here: http://www.thefragtank.ca/community/index.php?threads/docs-nano-edge.13854/
and have a tank thread from the beginning over at Nano-Reef:
http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/355137-matthewdvms-fluval-edge-new-video/

Here's how things currently look (for those of you who don't click through the links above):

Oh, and since this is suppose to be an intro, to pay for my tanks, I am a small animal vet in downtown Toronto.

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
sSig_welcome51_zpsa3e536f3.gif
to the frag tank! Haven't clicked on the link yet but looking forward to reading them. I love nano tanks. :)

Jewel

Welcome, the tank looks great. Those small systems require a lot of work, As Fresh the more water volume the easier it is to look after.

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Welcome, those frags are dead straight :). It said how particular you are, how often your hand is in saltwater and how much you're enjoying this hobby. I like the look man, great job so far.