Hello - New Member....

Demchog

I am new to the hobby and have recently bought a 75 gal tank from a neighbour who had let it go down hill. All seems to be going well so far. I live down in Port Stanley. I'm still navigating my way around this site.... Thanks to those kind folk who have been helping me and being patient. Cheers, Allan Tetzlaff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I have to promote www.londonfragfest.ca as the best way for a newbie reefer to meet and greet guys who are able to grow (and frag) all sorts of coral, PLUS find sources for additives, GFO, all the goodies you will need.  This site is ++++ for helpers, and not a lot of fishtank politics (a good bunch of people except for Poseidon).    Enjoy your stay and hopefully you'll be selling frags at the 2015 'fest :)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Dont listen to him, im really a nice guy :)

welcome to the site! feel free to ask any questions and dont be intimated by Salty here, hes all bark and no bite.

Demchog

Hi everybody and thanks!  I had a saltwater tank years ago but only had fish. This time I've got a few fish so far and some different types of corals and all is going ok. The tank when I got it had just live rock left with nothing really growing knit that you could see but within days of getting it moved and up and running there were little things growing on the rock. Thanks Salty for the weblink. I'll check that out .... And thanks to everyone for a warm welcome. Allan.

Demchog

Bit about me I guess... I work at the new Southwest Centre for Forensic Mental Health Care. I've worked in Forensic Psychiatry for 25 years and love my work. I'm a nurse and I manage 3 of the 6 clinical parts of the building. Prior to all that I also have a degree in Biology. I'll still make the same mistakes as anyone else but at least the chemistry part doesn't scare me off..... Thanks again folks and thanks in advance for when I'm seeking help!  Allan

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Demchog link said:
Bit about me I guess... I work at the new Southwest Centre for Forensic Mental Health Care. I've worked in Forensic Psychiatry for 25 years and love my work. I'm a nurse and I manage 3 of the 6 clinical parts of the building. Prior to all that I also have a degree in Biology. I'll still make the same mistakes as anyone else but at least the chemistry part doesn't scare me off..... Thanks again folks and thanks in advance for when I'm seeking help!  Allan

So you know Tony from the board here?  He went quiet for a couple of weeks, we assumed he was in your shop for a tune up? :)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Demchog link said:
Don't know Tony. Not that I know of....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its a joke, theyangman and salty cracker are always bugging each other,
you said you worked at a mental health unit, and salty was making fun of tony (theyangman)

we all learn to ignore those too and their shenanigans
:)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=Demchog link=topic=6843.msg68310#msg68310 date=1384535807]
Don't know Tony. Not that I know of....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its a joke, theyangman and salty cracker are always bugging each other,
you said you worked at a mental health unit, and salty was making fun of tony (theyangman)

we all learn to ignore those too and their shenanigans
:)
[/quote]

Poseidon is like the slowest kid on the short bus.  :)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Says the guy who is a Boston fan bahaha

But we prob shouldn't make fun of mentally ill people. I'm sure our friend here sees his fair share of sad cases and not much to joke around about,  ppls lives here glen.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Poseidon link said:
Says the guy who is a Boston fan bahaha

But we prob shouldn't make fun of mentally ill people. I'm sure our friend here sees his fair share of sad cases and not much to joke around about,  ppls lives here glen.

Ah, but I'm only talking about you.  comparing yourself to the mentally challenged is sort of an insult to the mentally challenged. 

Oh, and this year it's officially NOT okay to say Christmas.  It is now to be called PRESENTS DAY (not to be confused with present day, which is today).

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Welcome to the frag tank, enjoy the ride. A wild group here and a lot of fun, Happy Present Day and Merry Christmas from the shortest kid on the block ! All kidding aside, it's a great hobby and a great bunch of people !