Hello!

Albz

Hello, new to the forum and to Saltwater!! got a 14gallon biocube going!!!! looking forwards to getting to know all of you!!!! Cheers!!! I'm a noobie so ill be asking lots of questions! lol..Im in Toronto East york btw! Go Leafs Go!!!

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy your time here. A lot of us will be at the Brantford CORAL SHOW on the 18th if you are around. This site has loads of info. A lot of members are learning and we have a lot of experienced members here as well.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Albz

here are some pics haha just finished cycling! well at least i think haha..

Attachments

• 14247566_734407713363731_572495170_o.jpg
    14247566_734407713363731_572495170_o.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 53
  • 14191500_734407723363730_1025596662_o.jpg
    14191500_734407723363730_1025596662_o.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 14203599_734407750030394_544279870_o.jpg
    14203599_734407750030394_544279870_o.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 73

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Hey welcome to tft... best site on the Web. .. very much like family here and lots of knowledge people here. Congrats on the new tank and for choosing the best hobby EVER BRO.

Welcome to the forum. The Biocube is looking good so far. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful members here for sure. Keep an eye on the FOR SALE section as there are often great deals to be had.

I look forward to watching your tank progress as fish and coral are added. :cool:

zoomster

Hi Albz!
Welcome to the Frag tank!
I hope that you enjoy being a member of our community here and I am sure you will make new friends.
Don't worry about asking lots of questions, its how we learn. Remember, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask! :)

Pipes

Welcome. As you surf around and read the treads, check the other members location. Then see if you can meet to discuss their tanks. Sometimes, over a coffee/beer, members will chip in advice or tidbit, that you wouldn't think to ask about. Wisdom can be handed down, if one chooses to listen to it. Enjoy this addiction we call reefing.

Albz

yea would love to meet some local reefers! i am a truly a big noob and learning is my interest!!! So if anyone lives around East of toronto let me know!!! I go to bigals but their people seem stubborn to even talk to you!!! they seem like they hate their job and crap..

Pipes

yea would love to meet some local reefers! i am a truly a big noob and learning is my interest!!! So if anyone lives around East of toronto let me know!!! I go to bigals but their people seem stubborn to even talk to you!!! they seem like they hate their job and crap..
That's not a good sign, when staff hate their job. Probably means you wont get the best advice. There are tons more stores in the GTA than southern Ontario, so shop around. Not necessarily with your wallet. Find some close by reefers, and ask where they shop. There are also some guys with home based businesses on this Forum too. They can also help steer you in the right direction. Don't forget about @BIGSHOW in Hamilton. Golden horse shoe is your area, traffic sucks, but plenty of help for the asking. I haven't shopped in TO & area but I hear good things about a number of businesses there.

Well i read good reviews! and much cheaper than the biocube 32 lol..so, ima be getting the prime led hd too

Are the JBJ's All-In-One tanks? Do they have the built in filter on the back or do you use a sump? I'm assuming there's no light then. I'm really liking the AI Prime HD that I have and I'm thinking it would be perfect for a 30 gal. cube. I have the original AI Prime over my 29 Biocube and it's working great so far. :cool:

Good luck with the new tank and I look forward to pics! :D

Albz

Are the JBJ's All-In-One tanks? Do they have the built in filter on the back or do you use a sump? I'm assuming there's no light then. I'm really liking the AI Prime HD that I have and I'm thinking it would be perfect for a 30 gal. cube. I have the original AI Prime over my 29 Biocube and it's working great so far. :cool:

Good luck with the new tank and I look forward to pics! :D

yes its all in one! i saw some youtube videos and they look awesome!! and good reviews too! The biocube 32 lights are okay but i don't think are good enough for sps... so don't want to waste money..

yes its all in one! i saw some youtube videos and they look awesome!! and good reviews too! The biocube 32 lights are okay but i don't think are good enough for sps... so don't want to waste money..

Yeah ... the reviews that I saw on the new Biocube mentioned something about lower end SPS with the built in lights. You'd think that with all the high end lighting out there they'd give a couple options. Throw in a few more varying colours of LED and a bit more control over which LED's your using and charge a bit more for those who want it. That way if you have no intention of getting into SPS you can get the standard LEDs but if you want full spectrum LEDs then you can have it at a price. :D

Look forward to seeing the stand you build as well. :cool: