Hello

Shane

hello from Calgary everyone. Been doing saltwater nanos for 8 years now. I’m venturing into the frag tank world with a 48x24x12 with a good size sump. Just when you think you’ve done enough homework.... lol

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Welcome to the forum. I am running the same size frag tank right now while I am between display tanks. I hope you enjoy the forum, there is a big difference in nano/picos vs larger tanks for sure. I love me a big tank, but I do miss my 29 gallon nano and 3 gallon pico.

Shane

Thanks everyone, looking foreword to this tank!! I am in between tanks right now but has success with 29 gallon biocube, 10 gallon, and 14 gallon biocube. Only thing that concerns me right now is moisture and humidity as it won’t be covered. Dehumidifier in my future most likely

Josh

I think he meant inside evaporation, if i dont run my exhaust fan my basement gets humid in the summer from the 3 tanks lol. I have a 3x3 frag tank and i get a fair bit of evaporation, if you spend on 1 luxury item make it an ATO, it helps alot, otherwise in the summer you are probably filling a 1L jug every day to keep water levels up. Even worse in winter

Last edited:

Shane

Yeah, I did mean inside. A bit concerning, I’ll start with a dehumidifier and see where that goes. What ato would you guys recommend? 60 gallon tank and probably 30ish gallons of sump water

Shane

D2F27902-B479-4667-9D5C-9066555C0908.jpeg