Help... I'm Stumped!

kellie higgins

Hi everyone. We experienced a power flicker yesterday morning through our home. Noticed 20ish min later that every single critter in out tank was dead!! Nothing blown. All equipment working fine. Its obvious that everyone was killed instantly because most fish were still in there sleeping spots. Any idea what happened?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Welcome to the site. Nice to see a local member, but this is an unfortunate first post. I have never heard of that, but maybe there is something too look at. Can you list your tank equiptment info? Getting a tingling when you put your hand in the tank?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Equipment as well as what live stock you did have in the tank would be helpful. There are some fish that if they die, they can wipe out a whole tank with toxins they release. So please, more information. Not sure if it is you, but there was someone who came into the Critter Shop yesterday when I was there, I think they were getting the water tested and something to do with things dying. If it was you, I wish I would have been noisy then, might have already had some thoughts on it.

Fishit

Did you have everything plugged into surge protected power bars if not this could be your problem a power surge will kill your tv let alone live stock hope this helps

The Reefinator

Oh my, what a bad day. I have seen recalls at pet smart before due to stray voltage on a heater, what a nightmare!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
are you sure all equipment is still in good working order? have you checked your water with an electrical multimeter for stray voltage? if it seems ok here and water parameters are good im with torx on the dying and release of toxins.... ive seen far too many people fall victim to sea apples, sea hares, and sea cucumbers. you can almost assume if the name starts with sea it releases toxins when dead