Help My Torch Is Melting

Bfofre

38715620705cf112af11489a1e05f6d3.jpg
e26516cd85ec4bfc2dd9d6f202485b46.jpg

My otherwise healthy torch in the last 48 hours ha dissolved 2 heads..
This thing is show quality size.. And been one of the best pieces in my tank.. Don't want to watch it waste away!

What the heck is wrong with it?

monizb

Super Active Member
This happen to me and it was a flow issue on my end I fix the flow and bam it's doing well along with all other corals
What are your permits at did u move it around

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Have you changed anything ? And yes do you see any brown jelly attached? If you can give it a bit more flow. Or ever cleaning of powerhead can do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bfofre

I just blew the shit out of it with the powerhead.. Next I will frag off the bad parts if It keeps receding.. This thing is the size of a volleyball.. I'll be pissed if I lose it!

Kman

Super Active Member
I would cut the bad parts out just in case. If you don’t it can keep spreading to the other heads. I have had torch and frog spawns for years and I have had that from time to time. I always cut the bad heads off. It grows back soon enough.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk 2

Kman

Super Active Member
In a few weeks you will hardly notice it. The open space will get filled in by the surrounding heads.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk 2

saltyair

Looks like brown jelly - cut the heads - dip in revive and hope for the best. Brown jelly is nasty if it takes hold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk