HELP!!! PLZ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gietz

Well I haven't been on here in a dogs age.. I got a new job at its keep me busy for the last 8 months! So here's the problem!

I came home yesterday and noticed my amazing torch was really shrunk up no today 4 heads look head and rotten! I've noticed small white worms all I've it! (there white or clear  and flat) I think There eating my coral!

What do I do???

G

Gietz

I just did a freshwater dip of the corals and saw a bunch of small clear/white flat stuff come off! I'm going to order both tomorrow!!

Thx for the advice Rick! I will repost in the morning!  It funny cause I just turned my tank around after a brutal 6 months! Lol

ricklalonde

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Was it spitting out its guts? See pic.

sn854147edited.jpg

Seggsy

Ya, I was thinking the white worms are actually part of the dying coral.  Brent, I have some flatworm stuff (if you diagnose it).  It's at a buddy's, but he shouldn't have used it all.  Good luck!

G

Gietz

Well day two and the coral is worse!! It looks like there cyano all over the heads abd when I blow it off all the guts just come out and it's just a skeleton.  I wish I could dip my zoas but that would mean ripping apart my tank :/

I'm going to try and get a picture up! And thank you all for the help!

G

Gietz

my friends just suggested brown jelly? I thought my water was fine but will do a 10 gal water change now

G

Gietz

Update!!

It is brown jelly and I guess its caused by my torch getting stressed out :/. 8 head torch dead and now my white and purple frog, singular and blasto look like they got it! Can anyone help?  I'm cutting off infected heads and doing 3 min FW dip

spyd

Super Active Member
Go out and get some Coral dip and use saltwater instead of fresh water dips. The corals won't be able to handle the stress of the constant freshwater dips.

G

Gietz

Thank you! Ive done a a bunch of water changes and everything else seems to be turning around!

Status
Not open for further replies.