Help!

100gallon

I just got a used turboflotor 5000 shorty with an ocean runner 3500 pump. The previous owner had so much scale built up on the impeller that it stripped the plastic notches off the needle wheel that locks it to the magnet. Any ideas on where to pick a new assembly up? Can I weld the plastic piece to the magnet? I've read that a 3700 assembly will work.....any canadian outlets anyone knows of?
Thanks

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
I would not bother trygin to fix that... just buy a new impellor assembly. I am not sure who carries those parts.. if in doubt you can always contact the manufacturer for a replacement part... or at least they can tell you where you buy them.

100gallon

Thanks! Aqua medic is merging their subsidiaries and making aqua medic national sort of thing. Hence site is down for the next three days:( thanks for the reply!

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Find the phone number and give them a call explaining what you need:)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
half the time i have something break i email supplier under warranty they normally ship the new part without even asking about proof of purchase they worry more about good customer rating. hydor sent me 4 fish guards even tho i told them i needed 2 and coralife sent me a new impeller even tho was my fault lol worst they do is tell you where to buy one best case free :)