Hi Everyone ! New From London

Blue Sea

I’m excited to get into this hobby, just ordered a custom tank by Miracles in Starphire glass front and sides, 84 x 24 x 30 black in back, external overflow, eurobraced. It will take 6-8 weeks to be ready,,, So not in a big rush but it is time to start planning everything out
Been reading up on the latest and watching many videos until my head is about to explode lol
( Big Thanks to BRS for the extensive wealth of knowledge they have posted )
I must say I’m really leaning towards Bashsea, Neptune Systems, EcoTech Marine just to name a few.
As this starts to come together I’ll post pics for all to see as the build progresses along, probably asking for some help along the way as well.
I hope to contribute and learn from this forum as you all have done before me,,, cheers!

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Welcome
I think I like your dimensions, is it 30 high or 30 deep?. Mine is 84 x 30 x 24 high inwall starfire front with dual ghost overflows 3/4" glass, I don't think I would like a 30 high tank, too hard to work on but that's my opinion, I love my miracles tank, the clarity of the starfire glass is almost equal to acrylic. That tank is going to weigh close to 600 lbs empty, I had 5 guys plus myself to unload and move it into position and it was a struggle. I work at an arena and had access to 4 large suction cups for glass and they were a godsend, you should look into borrowing or renting some for the move.
Good luck!

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Been reffing for 10 years, started with a 90. I had an acrylic tank with the same dimensions for about a year but it was failing so I switched back to glass in June this year

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Sounds like a sweet set up ! I think you’ll be very happy , I have a 120 gallon from them , external Bean animal overflow , black back, euro brace with star fire . Built really really well . I love it , congrats !

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Greetings and welcome. I'm in London as well, lots and lots of guys from the area to help, a couple of good stores for supplies, and of course lots of frags from your fellow reefers. As long as you understand that this is an extremely expensive hobby, and doing things on the cheap usually leads to poor results and frustrations, so spend $ wisely, ask questions, and remember to take things extremely sloooooooowly. Tanks do best with stability, so trying to "quick fix" something usually leads to headaches and disaster.

Seasquirt

Welcome to a great board, I’m pretty new as well, kinda, My hubby has had tanks for years and really enjoys the hobby so I have learned lots but now it’s my turn to set up what I want, my future build is a 125, 72.5x18.5x21, a 6footer lots of room for fish to swim. Lots of really nice people here, they hav encouraged me to carry on after a few failed mishaps and I’m glad that I did. Yes it’s expensive but can be very rewarding as well. I’m looking forward to seeing your tank once you get it.