Hi From Cambridge ( Hespeler)

RWH

New to Salt Water , just shut down my 75 gallon Cichlid tank and got a 75 gallon reef ready tank
ASM G3 Potein skimmer, Supreme MAG 9.5 return pump, 45 gallon sump T5HO lighting
Lace rock, with some live rock mixed in
Going to start slow with FOWLR and hope to eventually have some invertabrates and corals
Fish wish list, Clown fish, Banggai Cardinals, Royal Gamma, Tomi Tang ( sp?) or Yellow Tang , Yellow Watchman Gobi and Pistol Schrimp, and maybe some Scarlet Clenaer schrimp..thats about it
Been doing a ton of reading on everything, RO/DI system just arrived today from Aquasafe Canada
Setting up a quarantine tank as well...

One thing I am looking for is a good heater controller? any recommendations?
Lots of great info on this site !

...Rick

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
sSig_welcome1_zpscd7c20e7.gif
Always happy to see a new Salt water enthusiast. :) Once you begin building your system start a build thread and post lots of pictures. We love pictures. :D

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
yes we do love pictures :) welcome to the site i too am in galt on elgin north so not far. glad to hear you setup a qt first that will save you alot of grief and imo go tomini tang yellows are mean buggers plus tomini look better lol

saltyair

EHEIM Jager heater are very good I use one. I also use a Hagen ceramic that has been very reliable. You will hear all kinds of heater stories - just be sure to set them in a safe spot in the sump.
Welcome to the addiction ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrHermit85

welcome! look forward to seeing your tank! Via Aqua titanium heaters have always done the trick for me, they come with a separate controller and temp probe which is a nice touch.