high humidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisstevens

Website
flybikes.wixsite.com
Latley since i've had my 200gal tank setup i'm getting way to much humidity and starting to get mold on my basement walls and windows throughout the house. I don't have a dehumidifier, but obviously and going to have to invest in one. Just wondering what everyone else is doing with large tanks.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Do you have much air circulation in the room where your tank is?
I used to have this issue in the cabinet where I keep my sump and such.....so I added an exhaust fan and problem solved......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AdamS

Turn the fan on your furnace from auto to on, that will help move the air around, and turn on hrv if you have one. Definatley get a dehumidifier if you dont have hrv, mold is the last thing you want

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
We have our furnace fan turned on all the time.....highly recommended....some say will burn it out early.....ours now 11 years old.
We also draw cold air from outside at all times during heating months......we do not have hrv so for this I must have temp set high to like 24 or 25 because air coming in is colder and helps even out. We have good air circulation around the tank and like I said because my sump was closed  99% of the time I had to install a small 120v fan in the back wall of the cabinet to exhaust air so I could get some circulation.....I did have some mould forming before I did this but I cleaned that little bit up and never seen any spores again!! Air circulation! Not just throughout the home, but from outside as well!!

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I do run a dehumidifier a lot too....but mostly just to clean up my water spills ;)
I also run an attached humidifier on the furnace during winter months as well....

J

jones02

I'm in a conndo and humidity was bad! When I bought a dehumidifire it said humidity was 85! Now I have the timmer set to come on annd off every 6 hours and and its at 40. No moister on windows or anythinng.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I run mine 24/7 an my humidity is 20-30... Mind you I run it in my frag room where there is 3 open tanks

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
my house is dry like like 28-30%....adding a humidifier....maybe I should just get a bigger tank  ::)

chuckm

Dehumidifier in the winter, or when the windows are closed for longer periods.
Whirlpool gold from Canadian Tire pulls out about 1.5 -2 gallons per day.
No more Condensation on windows.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
jerry_doucette link said:
my house is dry like like 28-30%....adding a humidifier....maybe I should just get a bigger tank  ::)

Lol you have the room for it.... I know where you can get a 150g drilled with overflow and a stand for 150$

S

sinclaire70

i use a danby dehumidiefier and it takes care of my issues ... having 200 gallons of water in my basement it works great

Status
Not open for further replies.