Hockey Talk & Video Games Too.

theyangman

Distinguished Member
Ha ha ha ha, so lets move over here guys where we can talk about the best sport out there. (well it is a pretty close toss up with football, but still)

theyangman

Distinguished Member
Re: HOCKEY talk. (AKA Leaf bashing)

losers800.jpg

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

Maybe, but a cup contender team.  Even if they don't make the playoffs I'll likely enjoy every single game.

Which is another annoying thing, so I wanted "center ice" from fucking rogers.  They will only give it to me with the SUPER DUPER sports package, which is ~4$45 a month or something stupid (considering I'm already paying for the "gay ass" sports package  just to get TSN).  I really don't care about soccer, baseball and something called foosball, so why on earth should I have to pay for it?    It's because it's rogers, and fuck you. 

(possibly NSFW depending on where you work....for example, if you work for Rogers, DEFINITELY NSFW)
http://youtu.be/0ilMx7k7mso

pembro

its a shame the bruins need ice girls to draw fans! GO LEAFS GO! BURN THE BOATS!

theyangman

Distinguished Member

Yeah, they kinda get ya for NHL center ice, 36.13 + tax / month and you get other things, like NFL sunday ticket, NBA league pass, and MLB extra innings,

But how many of these sports really over lap that much? It is a solid way to smoke you for an extra 40 bucks a month.

I would pay $40 - $60 dollars as a one time fee for all season of NHL center ice, and maybe $30 - $50 for NFL Sunday ticket due to the season being a lot shorter, and not being able to REALLY watch all the games I want considering aside from 2 teams on thursday and 2 teams on monday, everyone else plays pretty much plays on Sunday @ 1 pm, 4 pm, 4:30pm and 8:30 pm.

They should sell individual sports per season for a pre determined price, I bet the sales would skyrocket.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

pembro link said:
its a shame the bruins need ice girls to draw fans! GO LEAFS GO! BURN THE BOATS!

The leafs have sexy kadri, they don't need ice girls!  sweeet sexxxy kadri and his insane contract.  I wonder if he'll even get to spend any of that money before they send him back down this year. 

Who knows though, they did better last year than they have done in a decade.  As long as they don't have to play the bruins in the playoffs they might even get to second round!
If they can just slay the dragon this year:
Bruins vs. Maple Leafs 1st Round Game 7 Comeback - History Will Be Made

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

theyangman link said:
Yeah, they kinda get ya for NHL center ice, 36.13 + tax / month and you get other things, like NFL sunday ticket, NBA league pass, and MLB extra innings,

But how many of these sports really over lap that much? It is a solid way to smoke you for an extra 40 bucks a month.

I would pay $40 - $60 dollars as a one time fee for all season of NHL center ice, and maybe $30 - $50 for NFL Sunday ticket due to the season being a lot shorter, and not being able to REALLY watch all the games I want considering aside from 2 teams on thursday and 2 teams on monday, everyone else plays pretty much plays on Sunday @ 1 pm, 4 pm, 4:30pm and 8:30 pm.

They should sell individual sports per season for a pre determined price, I bet the sales would skyrocket.
theyangman link said:

I'm paying $25 per month I think for the computer version of cernter ice.  Problem is they still have blackout games, and you can only log in once per account (I can't watch 2 games at a time).  If I had center ice I could have as many games as I have digital boxes.  Screw rogers...again. 

pembro

Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=pembro link=topic=6258.msg60540#msg60540 date=1378941703]

The leafs have sexy kadri, they don't need ice girls!  sweeet sexxxy kadri and his insane contract.  I wonder if he'll even get to spend any of that money before they send him back down this year. 

Who knows though, they did better last year than they have done in a decade.  As long as they don't have to play the bruins in the playoffs they might even get to second round!
[/quote]

that contract doesn't look so bad, considering kadri had more points then any bruin last year. but I admit, that was a devastating loss. the leafs were a tough team to play against last year. this year they are even tougher, with better goaltending. I cant wait

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

pembro link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=6258.msg60542#msg60542 date=1378944435]

[/quote]

that contract doesn't look so bad, considering kadri had more points then any bruin last year. but I admit, that was a devastating loss. the leafs were a tough team to play against last year. this year they are even tougher, with better goaltending. I cant wait
[/quote]

That is an INSANE amount of $$ for a guy with 1/2 a season under his belt, and a really really bad attitude towards coaching staff... well who knows.

Heh, you can't knock the bruins scoring...we have -depth-  EVERYONE scores!  I dunno, leafs need to stop putting so much money on one trick ponies (McCabe anyone?) and start building depth.  Every team that really moves ahead can score without the "top guys".  Look what happened when the bruins took on pittsburg, they shut down crosby, which shut down the team.  Chicago had more depth (and speed) than the bruins, which won the cup.  Straight up.  As soon as you see a leaf team with a LOT more depth (fire phaneuf!!!), you'll see them go a lot farther.  It's always bugged me with the leafs, only 1 or two scorers, terrible defense and almost always, goalies past their prime.  Reimer might be a good goalie, very good, but we'll see, that loss must have shook him a bit.  :)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member

Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=pembro link=topic=6258.msg60544#msg60544 date=1378944905]
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=6258.msg60542#msg60542 date=1378944435]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is an INSANE amount of $$ for a guy with 1/2 a season under his belt, and a really really bad attitude towards coaching staff... well who knows.

Heh, you can't knock the bruins scoring...we have -depth-  EVERYONE scores!  I dunno, leafs need to stop putting so much money on one trick ponies (McCabe anyone?) and start building depth.  Every team that really moves ahead can score without the "top guys".  Look what happened when the bruins took on pittsburg, they shut down crosby, which shut down the team.  Chicago had more depth (and speed) than the bruins, which won the cup.  Straight up.  As soon as you see a leaf team with a LOT more depth (fire phaneuf!!!), you'll see them go a lot farther.  It's always bugged me with the leafs, only 1 or two scorers, terrible defense and almost always, goalies past their prime.  Reimer might be a good goalie, very good, but we'll see, that loss must have shook him a bit.  :)
[/quote]

i wouldnt worry about it if i where you, after all your a bruins fan not a leafs fan... :)
(traitor)

theyangman

Distinguished Member

He is 100% right. Any given team can have their top line either shut down completely or neutralized with ease now a days. Its teams with scoring talent across all four lines that win cups and go deep in the playoffs. La, chicago, boston etc... the era of a one line dynasty are over. Game has equalled out too evenly nowadays with too much talent in the nhl to rest your hopes on a single player. If that were the case a player like ovechkin would have a handful of cups along with Crosby, and so on and so forth.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

theyangman

Distinguished Member

Its the teams with a lot of really good players that have won the last few cups rather than teams witj only a few really excellent players.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

pembro

The leafs are even a bigger team then they were last year. When you add in bolland and clarkson. Then they added bernier which could actually end up being one of the best tandems in the league. I agree with everything you say about kadri, but the kid has been a ppg player his whole career. The leafs can score, their problem was defense and weak goals.