Hope To Reef Again

GanderGreg

Hello all,

I hope to start putting together more equipment for a reef. I'm looking for suggestions on which direction would be best in my situation. I would like to put it in my living room and want to keep it under 36" wide. I have a young child (almost 2) so would want to build it as safe as possible. Gear I currently have is a r420r 120w with 120 lense kit and a Vertex in-80 skimmer plus misc items. I would like to keep it as cheap as possible (if possible lol) and not set on keeping my current gear. I would like to keep a mix a coral but can live without SPS. Any suggestions from you guys would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited:

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Nothing wrong with anchoring the stand to the wall for added protection. Also use locks for the cabinet. Even with locks, do not store the chemicals, food or test kits where a child can reach them. Danger is on two fronts. I have seen kids 'help' by adding things to the tank but it also carries a poison risk obviously. A reef tank isn't dangerous.

You have a nice group of equipment to get going. Just need a tank and sump. At that size you should be able to find one fairly cheap.

This hobby is only as expensive as you want it to be. Heck, I was happy with my $100 20 gallon off Kijiji. Then the reef bug crept in though. Kids got interested and I met Rick who invited me here FFS. lol.