TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
There are 2 Options:

Option 1 - No upload size limit

This option allows you to insert images directly into your post, or wherever you would like them to appear. There are several sites that can be used to share your photos. If you are looking to keep an online album for future reference and links, I would like to suggest using photobucket.com. For one time use, such as the classified section, I would suggest a simple site such as tinypic.com.

I would also suggest resizing images before uploading them as that saves time for everyone looking at the site due to the time it takes to load the images. You can use ms paint and just click re-size image. I typically use 50% of the image size which seems to be nice and viewable.

Using tinypic.com to host hour images

Instructions:

rwrl77.jpg

api7p2.jpg

256wz0g.jpg

***You may get a Captcha pop up occasionally. Just do what the picture says (type required text) and the photo will upload.***

bds8r6.jpg

2im6p7o.jpg

Option 2 - This option has a upload size limit

Uploading Pictures with the Forums Uploader. Size does matter due to your own upload speeds, photos size etc. The site will time out and uploads will fail if they take too long.

Instructions:

2a. When creating a new thread. Click the Upload a File button below the text box. You will get a pop-up window. Then locate the file on your computer. Click 'Open" and wait for the file to upload. There will be a progress bar below the text box that will show you the progress.

rlwccn.jpg

2b. If replying to a thread, the same button appears, only it is to the right under the text box

The Pictures will always appear at the bottom of your post in the form of a Thumbnail. You can click the thumbnail to enlarge the photo

Last edited:

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
As for photobucket, it is a little more straight forward and allows you to keep albums and save your photos there. First start by making an account etc. Then upload a photo with the upload button. If anyone needs more details, feel free to PM me and I will update with more photos.

When looking at the picture in the album, click the gear looking icon, then click share links

Untitled_zps7c59d74f.jpg

Click the IMG code, it should automatically copy to your clipboard, then just paste the text into the forum comment box. If you are looking at the large version of the photo, the same IMG code will be on the right side of the screen.

Untitled02_zpsc1a838d3.jpg

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Even though my pics fall within the parameters. 1.29mb and .jpeg format I cannot upload pics using the forum method.
This reminds me that I need to redo this thread completely thanks to photobucket changing their policies.

Those photos should be okay to add via the webpages. Can you email them to me? My username @thefragtank.ca

Also if you have any screenshots of the error while uploading would be nice as well.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Alexanneka

I just tried again and in the approx 5 mins it was loading never threw an error just continued to appear as though it was attempting to load it....

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I just tried again and in the approx 5 mins it was loading never threw an error just continued to appear as though it was attempting to load it....

That sounds like the connection is timing out. By chance are you running on a wireless internet service provider rather then a broadband service? Typically that issue would happen if your device looses connection to the site while uploading or has a slower upload rate. If you are taking pictures from your phone, I highly recommend using the free Tapatalk app to view the site. It uses lower bandwidth then viewing the webpage on your phone/tablet and has its own upload manager that automatically resizes photos and stores them. It is a great app once you get used to it.

Alexanneka

I have LTE connection on my phone and when I am home I run connected wirelessly to our network which is 20mbs. Not sure if that helps brother but I'll look into the tapatalk app.