Huge Coral Shipment Has Arrived.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
As copper raises, corals will bleach and polyps will stop extending. 10-100ppb (parts per billion, not million) is typical I think, natural copper from calcium and alk, but added copper gets obsorbed into rocks and coral. Making those rocks unusable in a reef tank due to leeching. It can in essence nuke a tank when copper additives are used. Even says so on the packaging iirc. It can also kills off inverts. He has several different systems with separate sumps.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Also some ich meds can kill scaleless fish such as tangs, primarily formalin meds that contain malachite green. There are some mixed reviews out there. I am learning more by the day about ich and meds, especially after the recent stories

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I can say that the last time I was in there on December 28th, his coral tank looked great and I picked up some great looking corals. Some can be seen in my build thread christmas shopping post, but I also picked up my pink tip millie and orange plate there a while ago. No issues. I also picked up my cardinals there with no issues. I was going to stop in there today, but I was on my way out of town with Fricks Fish for the wife already and he was not open yet.

Overon

Website Affiliate
Yes I do have different systems and would never add to coral tank as it would be a nightmare to watch. Fish only systems are my holding slash quarantine if necessary set up.