I decided to go with a FOWRL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewy

Inactive Since Crash
INACTIVE
Hey Guys ,

So after alot of thought ... I decided to go with a FOWRL tank for now and maybe one day do a reef setup !!!

Thank you guys for all your help .... so far :)

thanks

matt

AdamS

Good choice, that's what I did too.

But, as everyone will probably agree, you will decide to add a coral or 2, just to try in the next 3 months. Then it won't look that good with just two so you will add a few more. Then your params will start to dip so you will start to dose a bit. Then you will get tired of that so you will need a doser. By now you have the full setup so you might as well buy every coral you can. Then the colours are off a bit so you want new lights. Then you need to clean your water better so you get some reactors. Just as things start to look nice you want a bigger tank, so you sell one of your children to afford it. Then your wife gets mad that you spend too much time on it and leaves you. So she takes everything and you have to sell it all and you can only afford a small FOWLR tank.

Good luck!
Adam

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Re: I decided to go with a FOWRL

Too funny, but soo true. Well I have not gone full circle yet....yet...

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

Jewel

OMG that was just too much, There's nothing wrong with starting a FOWLR and then putting corals in the tank down the road, Now if you're talking about a Predator tank then it would be difficult to do. My tank will be a Reef system but first I will start with Fowlr. I'm not gonna sell my kids or my Grankids for Corals or equipment. I have an LED light and a good skimmer, Powerheads and even have a wish list that includes Tunze Pumps, Apex controller and Dosing pumps. But at the moment I can't afford all that stuff, So I'll stock my tank with the fish I want first then in time when I can afford it make the switch to Reef tank. My wife fully supports me and with out her I probably would of sold it by now. I have a plan, I know what i want in the tank and it includes fish, not alot but a select few. It will be LPS dominated and it's gonna be stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.