I too found a nudibranch...

vdubz

I had a couple of friends over the other night and while staring into the tank I noticed a little neon orange nudibranch trucking around on my one Zoanthid colony.  I pointed it out to my one friend, Jon, and we both thought it was pretty cool.  Later in the night we saw it over on a different Zoa colony and thought, man, that thing moves around. 

I know its tough to see, but there is an orange nudibranch in the middle of this grainy cell phone picture:

Well, Monday I was on nights and after getting home from work I noticed one hanging out, and googled, What do nudibranches eat?  Number 2 on the answers was a reefcentral thread about some nudibranches eat Zoanthids!!! Or at least irritate them to the point where the Zoas stayed closed and will die off.
As some of you know, I have quite the Zoa collection!  So I pulled out the trusty turkey baster and started scouring my garden.  I found 7 Monday night and another 2 on Tuesday afternoon.  Now I hope some of my Zoas will start doing better.  I will have to keep a watchful eye...

Here are 6 I found Monday night.  It is a crying shame that they are such  :poop: heads,because they are so cool looking:

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Thmh link said:
Get a hunter wrasse and your problem will be solved.

-Tony

I wouldn't expect for him to get every single one, they could be in places the wrasse can't get. I would grab that wrasse and do some dipping

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
Do the above, also look up what their eggs look like. Also, please, please, call anyone you have traded zoo's to lately. Give them a warning!
Sent from my {HTC X8} using Board Express

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
i guess that foxface wasnt eating them eh?
u blamed the wrong guy lol
he hasnt touch any of the zoas in my frag tank either