ID on this algae please....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I need an ID on this algae before it takes over my tank lol......

Thanks!
Ben

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

R

reeffreak

caulpera i think i may have spelled that wrong , may be wrong as well

R

reeffreak

ya its called grape caulpera , ya if you have a tang it should gobble it up , but my guess is no since its growing

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I appreciate your expertise in this situation.....I had thought it was a type of calpera algae.....I am in the process of obtaining a choc. Tang from bill at IA.....hope it is hungry!!

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Grape Calupera is also known to go asexual and blow spawn eggs or sperm or whatever :? all over your tank, people who do grow it on purpose do so with 24hr lighting to keep that from happening. I had some of that stuff in my sump when I first started up.. the bigger leaved other kinda of calupera took over and choked that grape one out. i'd move it to your refugium if you have one and grow some for that new tang your planning on picking up, like everyone said Tangs LOVE that stuff.. for me way more than nori, my angels and foxface gobbled it up like candy also.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Picked it up this weekend from bill at IA!! acclimated for 8 hours to get salinity up to my 53ms reef tank.....but he made it!! He has been grazing ever since......still quite shy but not as much around me as time goes on.....

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Maybe a bit better quality lol......still ipad2....him and the CBB are BFFs

Status
Not open for further replies.