id on this coral

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crazybizzle

had this piece for awile i thought it was a goner cause i had lost it in the tank months ago but i found it and put it up front forget what it was lol anyone know

C

crazybizzle

cant remember or not but i think it was called babys breath or dragon coral i dunno

Seggsy

Looks like a favia.  Hard to tell colour, but baby's breath favia is really nice.  GL bringing it back.

I had a Christmas favia fall over, get lost, and look dead, so I chucked it in my sump.  Months later, I noticed a little flesh, so I put it in a low flow/light area in the display.  Back to 4 or 5 bright heads.

C

crazybizzle

awesome kyle u homo...anyway looks like its babys breath favia and yes it will  come back to life its already coloured up a bit.not bad considering its been in basically no light for 3 months..go f urself kyle get to work or ill have to call the supervisor lol

Blob-79

Super Active Member
"looking for sps frags and colonies acropora, stylos,montiporas,etc for my salt water reef tank only willing to pay 5 to 30 bucks depending on what u have brown or white not wanted if its that colour it means its dying and ill only pay 5 bucks for that cause in my tank it will come back cause my tank is mint let me know whatcha got if not ill just drive to my supplier"

lol

C

crazybizzle

lol u like that one eh! haha figured id give it a shot every store round here has nothing but dead sps and they say there doing great an still try to charge 40 bucks for a wwhite and brown one and say its rare and growing awesome so i just posted that to see what responses i get. lol

R

reeffreak

agree with lewis, individual heads show would be acan, favia is more one whole peice with "eyes" , close to being dead

MDGraves

I had one that was given to me that was just the skeleton (it had some fan worms on it) one day I moved the pc and felt something soft on the bottom, turned it over to see a couple of heads, now it's like 10 heads :)

ricklalonde

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Looks like a Favia to me...

Is it...

Baby's Breath Favia?
img_8990.jpg

Or...

Dragon Soul?
Dragon%20Soul%20Favia%20-%20$15%20per%20head-500x500.jpg

C

crazybizzle

wish i knew all i know is the back side looks pretty good, the center is a real dark vibrant red , with a ring of neon green. still hard to tell, and im retarded for not taking a pic or remembring when i got it.  a  guy  at a frag swap gave it to me for free and i know i lost it sometime quick after so really cant judge what it had looked liked before guess time will tell if it survives completly, at least i know its hardy as hell

Status
Not open for further replies.