Increasing The Maximum Mb On Photos?

hark

what would be required to increase the size of MB per photo, I assume there is a cost for it - there is for everything in life - what would that cost be?

I know my mobile device takes photos that are always over the 5 mb limit and it is a pain in the butt to resize them to post. If I can donate some more $ to allow for 7 mb files for example, I would consider it :)

Or maybe have a subscription based, where you pay a little more to the site but you can post large, heavily detailed files or you enjoy it like it is today and pay nothing addition (however you should be donating to the cause :) ).

I know I can link to a third party site, but sometimes that's too much more for me and I just want to snap a photo and post it....

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
We constantly reevaluate the activity on our server and have raised the attachment sizes to 5mb a few months back and we can look at again although I think we are close to s big as we can get without upgrading.

Long storu short. Upgrading would raise costs from $10/month to over $100/month.

Easy solution, most of us use Tapatalk on our mobile device. It uploads and hosts the files there and no extra work for the user.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

hark

ok thanks, I will try that. I was avoiding it because there are some forums I don't want to use it for, but I will find work arounds for those.

I stopped posting to my build it thread because I was so tired of resizing, I will give this a try

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Tapatalk works well for resizing without loosing too much quality in its compression. This was a 10MB photo.

5aefaadf90fa6d439244a2b52cc24d38.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
It is possible to enable a subscription thing with changed limits.

Its not something we really considered implementing though.

A big concern is all those pictures accumulate on the webspace and eventually take up a lot of space.

That said it maybe time for us to look into archiving older threads and wiping those old pictures. I prefer to keep them until we have issues though.

hark

Tapatalk works well for resizing without loosing too much quality in its compression. This was a 10MB photo.

5aefaadf90fa6d439244a2b52cc24d38.jpg

I never gave you permission to post a photo of my wife!

:p

(Sweet jesus thank god she doesnt read these forums) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk