Ingersoll Plumber

Pipes

Hi every one. I'm am re-entering the aquarium hobby after a 4 year absence from fresh water. I'm looking at building my knowledge at the moment; and will be proceeding with a 150 -200 ish gallon system in the next 2 years. I'm hoping to build my own counter-flow skimmer, & sump/fuge. My true interests are soft corals and there compatability with their swimming tank mates ( preferably tank raised as opposed to reef caught) .
What are some of the pit falls of a newer hobbiest? Also, who should be avoided and what equipment doesn't hold up, or measure up. Lots of questions so little time. I also need to find who can be trusted in the retail side, and or, if any one is a reputable breeder in the London area.
I want to do it right. First time. No exceptions. No excuses. Same way I run my Plumbing company.
Thanks.
James

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
What are some of the pit falls of a newer hobbiest?

Take your time, do not rush, EVER, no matter how frustrated something gets. Do not make any haste decisions without researching. They will both bite you in the ass.

...as for equipment, it really depends on your system and preference. For a system that large, get a controller. My recommendation is Neptune Apex. With that much money invested, it is great to have the backup to take care of the tank when you are not around.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Well if your ever bored and want to come check out my set up(Im in Ingersoll aswell), your welcome to. I keep a sps dominant mixed reef but itll definately give you an idea of where you want to go with yours.

Riley

Pipes

I do sell and install R.O. and water treatment systems. I don't rip people off. I charge a fair rate and I always do it right. If any one wants a system let me know I'll get you a price. Keep in mind I don't do low quality.

Pipes

Sorry better with my hands than computers. I'd like to see any set ups. I can always learn something.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
welcome to tft

lots of threads in the members tanks section full of pics for ideas and quite a few mature tanks that have been established for years.