Insta-set Super Glue Accelerator

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Product Description:

Insta-set accelerator will help speed up the set time of any cyanoacrylate super glue. The most frustrating thing about fragging coral is the time you need to wait for the glue to set, or the frag may simply just fall over and get glue all over. With the accelerator that time spent waiting will be significantly reduced leaving more time for gluing more frags and enjoying your tank.

Insta-set is very easy and safe to use, simply just glue your frag to your plug or tile like you normally would, and then spray a very small amount of Insta-set on the glue, and place in tank water immediately after applying the accelerator due to the heat that will be generated.

When using a super glue accelerator it is important to manage the heat that can be produced. With live rock it is not as important to monitor the heat that will be generated from the reaction that will occur, however with coral it is imperative to place the frag in water immediately after applying the Insta-set. Just as long as the heat is monitored Insta-set is very safe to use for many different purposes in the reef tank and around the house.

Insta-set is not like other accelerators that smell horrible and have a very strong chemical smell. Bob Smith has put a strawberry scent in their accelerator to make use enjoyable.

Product Review:

I have been a die hard dollar store glue user always. I did try Ecotech glue, but it had its issues, especially with all the glue that was left in the bottle that was impossible to get out. I love this accelerator when used with IC-Gel Insta Cure Cyanoacrylate Gel - BSI. I sat down and did 2 dozen frags last night with the accelerator. Glue hardened in seconds out of water. Zoas that were fragged opened up beautifully afterwards. You would not even know they were sprayed with the accelerator. I had a few larger peices that needed to be added to rock as well. I sprayed the rock with the accelerator, then I added a generous amount of glue to the frag. Seconds after I put the 2 together, the glue was rock hard. No holding for 15 seconds to set, even then being soft. For $7.49 I will probably be doing hundreds of frags with this bottle and saving times on those busy lonely fragging nights.

Untitled-1__75060.1466181892.1280.1280.png

Thank you BigShow Frags for introducing me.

thehvacman

Neat review. Wonder if it is just salt water. Salt water sets super glue instantly, when I want to set a frag, I glue it and dip it in salt water causing it to set right away. That way its only tank water touching the frag, no chemicals.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Neat review. Wonder if it is just salt water. Salt water sets super glue instantly, when I want to set a frag, I glue it and dip it in salt water causing it to set right away. That way its only tank water touching the frag, no chemicals.
No, this is 10x quicker then salt water. I used to do the same thing.

Actually, as an example, I have a frag rack that hold 20 plugs that I was fragging on. I did about 10, then stupid me sprayed the plugs in the tray getting accelerator on all the still empty plugs. I put the frags in my tank. I added glue to the other plugs and they were hard before I could put a frag on them. My plugs are always wet from soaking them in tank water first, so it wasn't the tank water. Normally the gel stays usable for several minutes on my wet plugs.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk