Is It Possible

Luke.

Distinguished Member
is it possible to get a 125g 6' tank predrilled brand new just on 1 side of the tank and not both ? I've tried led to source one out but can't seem to find one . Not really looking to pre drill my own tank .

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Thanks for all the offers @TORX I'll have to think about it , but always great to have the options also you're right it would be better surface skimming but I plan to have a lounge chair on the one side of the tank and don't want to see the corner over flow , but we will see still some time away from the desision , but never to early to take plan things !

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
HOB overflows depend on a siphon. If that siphon breaks, then your DT will overflow everywhere. That is not possible for a drilled tank. Other then that all other risks are equal. Many people rely on a aqualifter pump to be sure that their HOB overflow never breaks siphon.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Luke.

Distinguished Member
HOB overflows depend on a siphon. If that siphon breaks, then your DT will overflow everywhere. That is not possible for a drilled tank. Other then that all other risks are equal. Many people rely on a aqualifter pump to be sure that their HOB overflow never breaks siphon.

Ok sounds good , thanks for explaining , how many tanks have you drilled ? / how many holes because your 120 has a few correct ?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Me? I have drilled at least 100 holes. I did all the tanks that were at Joe's Ones Stop Reef Shop when it was in Chatham. I have done my own drilling since my last 120. I have 5 hole in my 120, 2 for water to exit the tank and 3 for drains out of the external box. I drilled @heath 125 tank and several others that I have lost track/count.

How many and what size holes all depend on what set up you want to do. I reiterate my suggestion of the eshopps overflow or even the ghost overflow as noted. There is very little in tank foot print and will not cast a shadow.