Issue With Tyree Leather Frag

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
heres the issue, I picked up a frag of this leather and made a huge mistake. I removed it from the frag plug and glued it onto a small rock and a a few days later gone. Found it and glued it on again this time drying a spot off and leaving it out for a few minutes to make sure it was good and stuck put it on a frag plug this time. A few weeks later it was doing great so I moved it up and bam off again.

I was using the dollar store glue. I then bought the Bob smith stuff and glued it onto a piece or rubble again and came home from work and bam missing.

It's either the damn cleaner shrimp or a emerald crab.

It anyone has a idea of what I can do?

OrcaSB

I always use the rubber band method when attaching leather frags. Simply take a plug or small piece of live rock and pierce the base of the leather coral with a toothpick. Then take the rubber band and wrap it around one end of the toothpick, loop it under the rock or plug and wrap it around the other side of the toothpick.
When you confident the leather has attached well then take the leather band off and slide the toothpick out of the coral. Works great and your pesky shrimp won't be able to knock it off your frag plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OrcaSB

a7721ec0ec5f481fec3b5a93e70a4154.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Yes, you typically can not glue leathers or mushrooms to rock. It will typically come off on its own. I like the toothpick method, but I prefer a small container with rubble rock in a low flow area. After a week, the coral will have grown onto the rubble and from there you can glue the rock down.

DSC_9387.JPG

vdubz

I used to use a needle and fishing line, piercing the leather at the foot with the needle, then threading the fishing line through and tying the leather to a piece of rubble. Once in foot grows to the rubble, cut the line and pull it though.