January Potm

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Hope Everyone in the TFT family had a safe and wonderful holiday season.

January POTM picture will be either or all of the following:
1- Best DIY piece of equipment
2- Best refugium
3- Cleanest Sump set up

Rules:
-One photo per member
-Photo must contain at least one of the above criteria
-Photo must be taken of your own equipment

Good luck everyone!
Hope all of you a successful 2016 Reefing Season!

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
a diy torx wont post hmmmmmm creative little bugger he is :).... heres the super duper scubasteve algae scrubber extrordinaire lmfao...
downloadfile.jpeg

Cliff

Not the most amazing DIY but it is pretty handy. So the alarm on the apex really sucks. When I am upstairs in bed I cannot hear it if it goes off. So I needed a louder alarm that I could hear while I'm sleeping. During the day is no problem because I get email's if anything goes wrong; but at night nothing would wake me up. So I purchased a 12v back up alarm with a red light from Canadian tire hooked it up to a 12v wall wart. This thing wakes the whole house lol

Nighthawk26

Not the most amazing DIY but it is pretty handy. So the alarm on the apex really sucks. When I am upstairs in bed I cannot hear it if it goes off. So I needed a louder alarm that I could hear while I'm sleeping. During the day is no problem because I get email's if anything goes wrong; but at night nothing would wake me up. So I purchased a 12v back up alarm with a red light from Canadian tire hooked it up to a 12v wall wart. This thing wakes the whole house lol

Neat. So what is this connected into. IE. what generates the alarm and gets it to this?

Cliff

The 12 V adapter is plugged into one of the outlets on my EB8 on my apex. Then program that outlet with the same parameters as my alarm so whenever those criteria are met the apex sounds the built in crappy alarm and also powers the port on the power bar which the adapter for the diy backup alarm is plugged into

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I will stick with my most popular DIY. Apex to Jebao harness. I have sold this around the world and have been involved with other building them around the world across a few different websites. It was fun while it lasted and I enjoyed making them, although I lost quite a few weekends making dozens a day sometimes.

ygy8ubu9.jpg