JBJ cubey AIO pico system with a cute name - but that is where the cute ends >:/

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Re: JBJ cubey is an all-in-one pico system with a cute name

Another example of a stupid company that pumps out crap without any thought or value for the end user. This industry is full of manufacturers like this. Thanks for documenting this product and their customer followup :poop:

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca

I am not sure what I am going to do at this point. They did send a shipping label to return the faulty tank, but i may just seal the new hood and return the old hood with the new tank. That way I do not need to worry about switching tanks, cycle, new sand etc etc. I do find it extremely ironic that jbjlighting.com would make such a poor fixture. The service was okay, aside from some missing emails. It is great that they offered to replace it, and sent the replacement somewhat quickly via UPS. But if the replacement is also faulty, I am not really sure where that leaves the quality of service. Maybe they are associated with CADLights somehow lol (low blow there, but i am frusterated)

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca

Sending the replacement back via a return label so that they can send me another one after they 'inspect it'. Just going to ride out the game now and see what happens.

theyangman

Distinguished Member

Yikes.

Silicone the crap out of it and go from there? There is not much else they can do. If their product sucks, it sucks and all replacements without improvements will also suck.

Find a cheap biocube somewhere?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca

I am hoping that they either send me a good one or preferably a replacement light fixture...not the one from the cubey hood. UPS guy is normally here around 4. Good thing I know how to fix stuff or this tank would have been without a light for weeks.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 4

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca

I contacted them again about the faulty replacement Cubey for them to advise me to use the return label they sent for the original Cubey and send the defective replacement to them, which I did. After several emails and finally calling on my only day off when they are open, they said that they will be sending another replacement. 3 weeks later, (now 2 and a half months since the original contact) I contacted them again, they are now saying that they are not going to send a replacement and I am stuck with the one that I have. It has been several days since my last response to them and they have stopped returning my messages. The light has now started over heating and warping the lid of the tank. I have borrowed a light from a friend to use until I buy my own. Needless to say, my 6 year old is not smiling over her tank anymore like in the pics above.

theyangman

Distinguished Member

Torx link said:
I contacted them again about the faulty replacement Cubey for them to advise me to use the return label they sent for the original Cubey and send the defective replacement to them, which I did. After several emails and finally calling on my only day off when they are open, they said that they will be sending another replacement. 3 weeks later, (now 2 and a half months since the original contact) I contacted them again, they are now saying that they are not going to send a replacement and I am stuck with the one that I have. It has been several days since my last response to them and they have stopped returning my messages. The light has now started over heating and warping the lid of the tank. I have borrowed a light from a friend to use until I buy my own. Needless to say, my 6 year old is not smiling over her tank anymore like in the pics above.

Garbage. Post this all over the other boards as well to get their name out as a crappy company to deal with.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate

Torx link said:
On r2r canreef and gtaa so far

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

Doesn't sealife sell JBJ?

sunnykita

Super Active Member

so sorry Torx, this sucks, bad enough for adults, but worse when you have a child who loves her tank and you have to try and fix it. Best of luck !

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca

So after venting in a few places, they noticed me again and tried again to fix it. Focus on the word tried...

On top of this one being chipped and having gaps in the fixture still, they are still shipping these with bare metal screws that will rust and drip. I think I officially give up.

Chipped
suzsaq.jpg

Gaps in fixture
2h7gg8p.jpg

33ony4j.jpg

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate

Torx link said:
Oh, and the other crack/chip on the front, bottom left corner

2jajk48.jpg
maybe they are sending you everyone else's rejects. Sucks they keep screwing youb around.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca

LoL, could be, I guess it was worth one more shot, but this time they did not send a return label, so I think they gave up as well. Just glad that it was delivered when my daughter wasn't home.  Hopefully doing a DIY from Rapid shortly, maybe I will throw in parts to DIY a proper light

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca

pulpfiction1 link said:
I would post a video review on YouTube

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk HD

I should...I do have 1 subscriber on my channel lol...but I do have a boat load of views on my videos, so maybe a good idea.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger

Post it using JBJ Cubey as the title so when people search it out they will find it 

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk HD