Jebao DC-12000 Controllable Pump

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
This will be my review on the newly released Jebao dc return pump, I ordered and received my pump from fish-street.com. The order was placed on the 30th of August and received on September 3rd, which is pretty quick considering it was shipped from Hong Kong. All said and done it was 140$ shipped in Canadian funds. Ill list the specs below and they seem pretty impressive. This pump is supposed to be either made at the same place or its a clone or copy of other more expensive DC pumps on the market.

Features
  • High performance motor with innovation electronics, and energy savig up to 50% than before.
  • IC Electronic Dection, automatic power-off proteion upon no water
  • Motor Protection if rotor is blocked
  • Super Quiet Operation
  • Can operatin in Marine and Fresh Water
  • No Copper components , safety on your tank!
  • With Wear-resistant Ceramic Shaft, longer operation life
  • 10 Mins Feed Model(Or Pause to resume to normal)
  • 3600L to 12000L

4.8M Max Head Height

DC24V 5A 85W MAX

Initially this box was packed with bubble wrap in a standard brown cardboard box, Product was shipped well.
    The Product box is similar to most aquarium products I have purchased and inside, each piece was packaged in its own smaller box and was all secured tightly.

IMG_4780.jpg

Here is the pump itself, comparing with my Reeflo Snapper this pump is replacing it is a fair bit smaller, The Pump is heavy and feels solid and the plastic impeller housing is very thick and seems heavy duty. The pump has a long cord, 6-8 ft.

IMG_4782.jpg

Here we have the controller and power supply, Note the UL and CE certifications. The controller feels a bit cheap, just like the wp series circulation pumps, but no cheaper than the controller on the RLSS waveline dc pumps.

IMG_4784.jpg

Lastly we have the instructions, the optional inlet and outlet adapters if you plan to use soft tubing and the supporting pieces to make that happen. The instuctions are lacking, just like most straight from china products, but thats ok because its fairly simple to figure this one out.

IMG_4785.jpg

I have it installed and running internally in my sump, this thing truly is silent, it doesn't sound like any pump i've heard before, it sounds like a small computer fan and its quieter than any lighting fixture imo. my skimmer sucking air is the loudest noise coming from the tank now, this pump combined with the bean animal drain is a win win setup when it comes to silent return setups. anyone who wants to swing by and check it out in person before making the jump is more than welcome to.

The controller works just as it should there are 6 speed settings 50%, 60%, 70%, 80%, 90%, 100%. at 100% it is outflowing my old snapper big time, i've settled it in on 70% for 24/7 use(still a bit more flow than the snapper gave). There also is a 10 minute feed timer that works, this pump has a soft start and ramps up gradually from a stop or in between levels which is very cool. no change in tank temperature according to my apex yet, pump feels water temperature at 70%, not warmer for sure. and the power supply that plugs in is cool to the touch also. im running 2 3/4" returns into the tank and 1 1/2" line for my gfo reactor. so far so good. just uploading some video now.

[youtube]onabn_kKEHg[/youtube]

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
they are quiet. ...even duke will tell you my wavelive 5000 dc is ....yu where up ay my place ian....i even have another dc pump in my sump now thats bigger then my 5000. that came with the new reef octupus skimmer

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Can not wait to get the final low down. Jabeo has been around for a while, only recently become really popular due to the WP product line. Maybe I will be looking at replacing my mag some day soon.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
ok after an hour of screwing around I have it installed and running internally in my sump, this thing truly is silent, it doesn't sound like any pump i've heard before, it sounds like a small computer fan and its quieter than any lighting fixture imo. my skimmer sucking air is the loudest noise coming from the tank now, this pump combined with the bean animal drain is a win win setup when it comes to silent return setups. anyone who wants to swing by and check it out in person before making the jump is more than welcome to.

Videos to follow.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
Petercar link said:
[quote author=pulpfiction1 link=topic=6206.msg59786#msg59786 date=1378237241]
are you getting much heat from it larry?
mine is in the sump. so how will i know if theres heat from it ?
[/quote]i can reach inside my sump and touch it,if im running a mag5 on the reactor i can feel the difference

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Petercar link said:
[quote author=pulpfiction1 link=topic=6206.msg59786#msg59786 date=1378237241]
are you getting much heat from it larry?
mine is in the sump. so how will i know if theres heat from it ?
[/quote]

Temp will go up in water

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
pulpfiction1 link said:
is it warm to touch after an hour?like a mag drive?you getting good flow like the snapper?controller works like it should?

The controller works just as it should there are 6 speed settings 50%, 60%, 70%, 80%, 90%, 100%. at 100% it is outflowing my old snapper big time, i've settled it in on 70% for 24/7 use(still a bit more flow than the snapper gave). There also is a 10 minute feed timer that works, this pump has a soft start and ramps up gradually from a stop or in between levels which is very cool. no change in tank temperature according to my apex yet, pump feels water temperature at 70%, not warmer for sure. and the power supply that plugs in is cool to the touch also. im running 2 3/4" returns into the tank and 1 1/2" line for my gfo reactor. so far so good. just uploading some video now.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
reeffreak link said:
Think I could run two returns to my display and one to the frag tank plus reactors of this pump. Replacing two mags

it wouldnt have any issue with a few more T's going to things i wouldnt think, it all depends on how much flow you want i guess, at 100% its flowing at 3100GPH so its moving water more like a dart than a snapper does. if you want to pop by and check it out Pat you can see for yourself and decide.