Jebao Sw-2 Wave Maker - Nano

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
And Jebao just got smaller. I got an email on the Jebao SW-2 Wave Maker today. This thing is already smaller then the RW-4. For people who have seen the RW-4, that is already pretty freaking small. Here are some comparison stats. The head of this SW-2 is literally smaller then a golf ball for a visual (golf balls are 4.27cm)

http://www.fish-street.com/jebao_sw-2_wave_maker

SW-2
Specification

• Size : 6.5cm x 4cm x 4.5cm
  • Power 110V to 240 50/60Hz 10W to 20W
  • 8 Different Flow Rate (500 - 2500Litres) 132 - 660 gallons

RW-4
Specification
  • Size : 7.5cm x 5cm x 5.5cm
  • Power 110V to 240 50/60Hz 10W to 20W
  • 8 Different Flow Rate (500 - 4000Litres) 132 - 1056 gallons

RW-8
Specification

• Size : 9.5 x 7 x 5.5cm
  • Power 110V to 240 50/60Hz 8W to 23W
  • 8 Different Flow Rate (700 - 8000Litres) 184.92 - 2113 gallons

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Wow that thing kicks some power !! I love my rw8 best powerhead for the $ but smaller takes up less space I like it !

Well Google and Youtube searches pull up NOTHING!! They're not much into advertising eh? LOL

Looks cool though. I'll keep my eye out for more info and reviews. :cool:

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Reviews haven't been done yet, that is why lol. It is that new. The price is more then the RW-4 though, I need to message them on that

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Reviews haven't been done yet, that is why lol. It is that new. The price is more then the RW-4 though, I need to message them on that.

Ah ... I was wondering about that. You'd think they'd at least have a quick ad on YouTube about it though. Hopefully it's a few bucks cheaper than the RW-4. I can see it being fairly close in price though. My buddy and I were thinking of each getting an RW-4 for our Biocubes but I just called him and said we should hold off for a bit until we can get some more info on these. ;)

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
They are always pretty quick to reply to me.

Q: Why is the SW-2 is $13CAD more then the RW-4? (SW-2 $84.12CAD vs RW-4 $71.18CAD)

A: The main reason for the high price is based on the existing controller, the new controller has a DIY input option that increased the price. ~Eric

There is a 0-10v input to connect it to the Apex. I sent off more questions about how it connects to the Apex.

Well if you have an APEX then I guess it may be worth the extra cost. (Not really that much extra.) Although if like me you don't then it's kind of a bummer. Might as well stick with the RW-4's right now. Looks like the low end flow rate is the same for both anyways. So it boils down to the size difference which sounds to be noticeable but not a deal breaker.

I'll still wait to see how it all pans out though. :cool:

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
The input on the controller is a standard 3.5mm headphone jack. They say to contact them to order the harness, but they are quiet about it for obvious reasons. Basically you could make one yourself as well with a 3.5mm headphone jack and rj12 phone jack.

Chef G

I have the RW-8 one on each side of my 90 gallon, Jebao def 2nd best to the ecotech IMO. Though due to my rockscape placement I wouldn't mind adding a little more flow along the back of the tank.... You think these new powerheads would be over kill if I added one or in the back of tank to help circulate the back or would that be overkill?

I'm surprised they haven't made some wireless functionality for these yet. I know they communicate with each other but I mean using a phone app or your computer to adjust the controls. Maybe that will be in the next revision. :D

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I'm surprised they haven't made some wireless functionality for these yet. I know they communicate with each other but I mean using a phone app or your computer to adjust the controls. Maybe that will be in the next revision. :D
They do. Check out the link in the first post, there is info about using their new wireless controller that works with the RW series AND their battery backup.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

They do. Check out the link in the first post, there is info about using their new wireless controller that works with the RW series AND their battery backup

Cool. I managed to find one ENGLISH video for it. LOL

Did a quick search and they're around $80 CAD and I think you'd need one for each pump. Or would you if they're synched? HMMM .... :rolleyes:.

So I've been doing some research on the wireless CoralBox AquaLink S1 and the CoralBox Powercell (Battery Backup).

From what I've read there are many issues with the app at this point. Some people are having success but others have their pumps/wavemakers shut off, problems controlling 2 at once and apparently can't control more than 2 successfully. There does seem to be a ton of options so if they can get the controller/app to function properly then I think it would be a great addition. Also you need one wireless controller for each pump/wavemaker. (No synching). You can purchase the wavemaker with the wireless controller instead of the standard analog one. I believe that if you already have the standard analog controller the wireless one replaces it.

However I've read some favorable things about the Powercell. My understanding is that they run your wavemaker on the lowest setting but it will APPARENTLY last 48 hours for a single RW-4. And I saw a video where a guy used one of these when moving his tank to a new house. The move took 10 hours and he said that everything survived except for a 6-line wrasse which he mentions was his fault for putting live rock in with the fish. But all of his other fish and corals apparently made it. I guess a $140 is a good investment when you have $1000's in fish and corals. ;)

So I don't have any practical experience with either of these products. Just thought I'd pass the info along in case anybody else was thinking of getting them. Never hurts to do some further research as there may be many other experiences with both products to be found online. Personally I think I'll stick with the standard controllers for now but may invest in the battery backup in the near future. And the fact that it works with the new Nano wavemaker is a bonus too. I look forward to seeing more info on the Jebao SW-2's when they're released. :cool:

Jayeddings

The latest update on the S1 firmware helped out the consistency and added a 4th controlled pump option. Much better than it was in the past. The update came through a few weeks ago.

I just received the SW2 from fish street and it was DOA and fish street says they aren't working right and it's a known issue. They asked me to buy are replacement for the doa pump. This is the second time they have refused to replace a DOA item in 6 months. My fault for buying from them again but they were the only ones carrying the SW at the time.

Btw the controller is nice though. Better low flow control on a rw4 than the older controller.