Jeffo's 115ish

Gophia

Look at the motor head of the CP and if it says "AC100-240V 50/60hz" then its ok simply switch to a computer cord.

Too bad the replacement leds didn't fix you fixture :(

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Look at the motor head of the CP and if it says "AC100-240V 50/60hz" then its ok simply switch to a computer cord.

Too bad the replacement leds didn't fix you fixture :(

It was worth a shot, but for the time being I'm content with the two channels. To be fair though, all i have is rocks and sand right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Pretty impressed with the crossflow. I have it vertically on one side of my tank, and i've got decent current, top to bottom, 6ft across to the other side. Kicked up all kinds of crap and sand when i first turned it on. The downside is i can't use the "wave" mode as it is quite loud speeding up and slowing down, much like my wp-40 was. Perhaps there's no way around that. Quite happy so far for $140!

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
I have an awesome huge leather (bought from Mr. Orosz), which spent a couple weeks shedding, but is now looking awesome. It has a few spots that look like it may have been "sampled" by a fish, which would have to be my scopas tang. So 2 questions...
1. Do tangs eat leathers?
2. Does this look like it was nibbled on?
1f2fe36a25cc2bfddb7118b29f434242.jpg
5848c190ebef6f3e4218fee205d7d8cc.jpg

Not the best pics, but best i could do with iphone...

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Only other things i have in there are harlequin bass, indigo hamlet, and snails. So if it's being eaten, has to be the tang. Could be a jerkfish!

Kman

Super Active Member
Leathers are pretty toxic\foul tasting depending on species so most fish will not touch them. Check for pests under the base and in the main body of the leather like worms or nudibranchs. Look for small holes that they can hid in. The worms will typically go into the hole and come out when dark so it is probably best to check at night. Or it could have gotten damaged somehow and slogged tissue off or a bacterial infection. If it gets real bad just cut that portion off.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Got some awesome additions from Ian last night (he never disappoints!). Got a good size ornate leopard wrasse (currently hiding), coral banded shrimp, and this awesome guy
7cf8222cf49e1fbfdb775c44fec5b261.jpg

About 4" across overall, and basically looks like a tarantula. Rears up like a tough guy if I'm close to the tank.

Last edited:

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
My duncans went from this
99085060d9a18eb9825b505b78d226be.jpg

To this
61a5c1570bec84e1d75a04f534c65007.jpg

sometime overnight. Only thing, though unlikely, that maybe could have had a snack would be the decorator crab. Haven't seen him climb yet, and he'd have a tough time getting up to the duncans. Theories?

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Has anyone seen a snowflake eel successfully chase/eat frozen mysis as if it were a regular fish? I usually feed the fish, then feed the eel with tongs afterwards. Apparently, he was impatient last night, and with impressive speed started snapping up shrimp with the rest of the fish. Maybe it just seemed strange because the last eel I had was a big dopey zebra eel.