Jeffo's 115ish

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Well that's kinda good,kinda bad. It's great he's eating and very active. But not so great if he's harassing other fish when you're feeding.

Maybe he requires more food when you're tong feeding him. So he's not so hungry or he's just an aggressive d**k

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Well that's kinda good,kinda bad. It's great he's eating and very active. But not so great if he's harassing other fish when you're feeding.

Maybe he requires more food when you're tong feeding him. So he's not so hungry or he's just an aggressive d**k

Obviously, I'm guessing at its intelligence, but whenever i feed frozen mysis, he's out and about waiting for the tongs with his shrimp or squid. He doesn't bother or compete with fish for food. I don't turn off flow, so food gets dispersed through out the tank and fish eat at their leisure. Just surprised that a) he even bothered to chase the frozen and b) he was able to actually locate and catch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Guess he got tired of living under a rock...
54573ecfa296d6bdb05a83cc5c4a24af.jpg

Luke.

Distinguished Member
I have the same issue mine likes to move 2-3 times a month for whatever reason and it is massive ! Like at least 1’ when inflated , only issue I have a 40 gallon and you have 115 ! Looking good !

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
#%$@&?!!! Just when I thought there was nothing left to buy, no more problems left to solve, I wake up to find the valve on my canister filter leaking uncontrollably. I had planned on putting the eheim canister filter back on my daughter’s tank, but given jebao replacement part are nearly impossible to get on this side of the planet, I guess its going on my tank. All I had time to do is shut down the filter and disconnect the hoses. Is it possible or feasible to use the seachem matrix that’s in there? What do I have to do to it, since it will be sitting in the full canister all day?

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Looks like i’m going to have to buy a new filter. Hoses on the eheim are too short, and too skinny to use my inline heater. How long do I have to get a filter before things go downhill?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Sounds like another run of bad luck. Sorry to read this.

I do not think the media will be good for more then a few hours. Depending on the bacteria in the canister, it will start to die off and rot quickly. Your best bet would be to drain and dry the media if you can not keep water moving through it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Sounds like another run of bad luck. Sorry to read this.

I do not think the media will be good for more then a few hours. Depending on the bacteria in the canister, it will start to die off and rot quickly. Your best bet would be to drain and dry the media if you can not keep water moving through it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

That’s pretty much what i figured. Seems a shame the whole filter is junk because of crappy valves.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Found replacement valves in the states, but will be over $50 when it’s all said and done. $50 for valves, or $150 for new penn-plax filter. What would you do?

jeffopentax

Super Active Member

Nope, done with sumps. Been there, done that, didn’t like it. All was well using canister until the valve failure. I think they are a poor design. Think for peace of mind I’ll just buy a new one with hopefully better valves.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
New filter arrived today. What, if anything, do i need to do to the seachem matrix to reuse it? Is it similar to liverock in that there will be dieoff, creating an ammonia spike?

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
This is what my bullet goby worked on while I was at work.
288fbfd07dc26031eb266d02a957b286.jpg

I had a diamond goby years ago that liked to make sand mountains. Is this what bullet gobies normally do?

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
My nem, who has been happy happy in the same spot since mid august, decided to go for a walk lastnight. It was about 4” from the powerhead when I noticed, so shut it off. Good thing I did, because it’s now sitting on top of it!
d6dae8fca002941ffea1ea7ec3cc4a65.jpg

What possesses these things to move to the least desireable spot in the tank?