Jim's Tank For A Bit

Jewel

I guess by now a few of you have seen me on the board desperately looking for a 6 ft tank or a new tank or what ever.
I do have a 65 but it's set up at my girlfriends place, it really is her tank, I maintain it for her, I don't live with her. I do have my own place and have been wanting a 6 ft tank but for what ever reason haven't acquired one.
I did purchase a 24x24x24 60 cube from Tim A but a cube is not what I wanted but it'll do for now, so onto the build.

The tank is Rimless, I believe 3/8 glass but it may be 1/4. It's not Starrphire, it looks like it's home made. It came with a SWC 150, a Fluvial return pump, going to be upgraded, a really nice 18 gallon Red Trigger sump, it has an adjustable gate before the pump area which allows for different size skimmers or level of Sump ( nice )

A nice stand that is store bought, painted bluish grey. Some sand that is Black and grey mixed, actually looks pretty good.
I have added a MP10 QDW,1or2 Dsuny LED Pendants I'm not sure what I'll go with with Controller, A new 250 watt heater, and 85 pounds of nice mixed cured Rock,
At the moment it's sitting on my Living room floor scattered every where, the Rock is in a 35 gallon glass sump circulating with a heater.
I must say the return was a home made PVC set of unions to sit over the back with a hose to the Fluval, (Not very attractive) will be upgraded. The drain is a corner over flow using 1 1/2 pipe to a hose via a out dated valve. ( Not nice) I think originally it may have been Torxs Sea Horse tank.
Before purchasing this tank I kinda inadvertently stepped on a few toes almost purchasing a 45 Rimless system that I really didn't want because I had a 3 ft tank at the GF place, I wanted and still do want a 6 ft tank. I also almost purchased a 6 ft Acrylic tank that turned out to be fish room quality at best due to scratches not known to me at time of sale. I did send the cash but it was returned once it was clear that it wasn't what I had thought.

I'm sorry if I stepped on a few toes in my quest to find my last build but I didn't want another 3 ft tank or a 6 ft scratched piece of plastic.

I bought a return pump, Jebao Dcp 5000, 2x Qp900 Power heads and a 3 ft ATI 6 bulb T5HO that was going to be run along side my 3 ft Guissman T5HO 6 bulb light over top of the 6 ft Acrylic tank that I would of had to drill, put an over flow in to plus all the piping.

I'm going to set up the 60 gl Cube starting the first week in December and I'll figure out how to put pics on this site for all to see.

Thanks for reading this book of a build that has yet to be and witness my failing attempt to set up that illusive 6ft tank.

Jewel

Yes I could do that but I think what I'll do is once we decide to get a much bigger place together, get a 5 or 6 ft tank. I have a lot of items that I have acquired and set up that last tank.