Just for fun

What would you identify this as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sasha T

Website
www.instagram.com
PXL_20220411_024910976.NIGHT.jpg

I'm curious what people will identify this as. The seller (Thanks Jay) and I both have a questionable level of confidence of what the trade name of this soft coral is, it's beautiful and was fully opened within two hours of being added to my system so I'm happy regardless. I'm curious what people have seen it listed as, or what they believe it to be. Maybe I get to see some interesting variants.

ptora

Kind of looks like devils armour to me. I find zoas tend to change colours a bit depending on how much light they get. Just enjoy them for what they are.

Sasha T

Website
www.instagram.com
Kind of looks like devils armour to me. I find zoas tend to change colours a bit depending on how much light they get. Just enjoy them for what they are.
As much as I enjoy the trade names, I find them a little wonky, especially with zoas with such a HUGE range of color combinations, considering the appearance of coral can change drastically from system to system and depending on the light spectrum and intensity hitting them. My approach is always "Well it looks good in this system, let's hope it looks good in mine".