Kessel A160we Tuna Blue

Sewerat

Super Active Member
Ok here's my first product review for my kessel. Just received it last night so nothing long term yet.

Very easy to set up, basicly plug and play, turn two dials, one for intensity and one for colour fade from white to blue. I got the goose neck for mine as I don't have a canopy, light comes with a mount kit for a hanging system or for their gooseneck, you just need to screw on whatever method you prefer. Plug in the DC adapter and then plug into the wall.

The gooseneck come with a tank mount clamp with 4 nylon screws and a nylon puck to make up pressure over a lip. Was a little difficult to install over the lip as it wouldn't fit my tank once assembled, so I had to build it while inside the tank not on the workbench, which was fine for the inside puck but the outside screws one got dropped behind and under the stand someplace, never to be found again.

So far all and all I'm happy with the look and style, a month or so from now we will see. By the looks of this lights pattern, two would be complete coverage for a 4' tank.

Yes I know my tank is filthy.
9a10e6ef9957eb3e3654894e2fd272fb.jpg

Full blue only
2ec3419f0a360c04b9b9935afd5f2f68.jpg

Full white only
be9e7afac9570f5d180f8e8bb49ef834.jpg

Half way for nice mix
9a9909cc302d6d41b157e6f55a6cd332.jpg

heath

Distinguished Member
that is one beautiful light, dam you, now I am talking with jerry to see how many months I will have to save for 2 of them...

Easto

I have 2 of the A350's that I bought last year waiting to go on my tank. I just finished the stand, next step is the plumbing and the lights go in.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
that is one beautiful light, dam you, now I am talking with jerry to see how many months I will have to save for 2 of them...

I will finance at any credit card rate ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sewerat

Super Active Member
So after only one day of use, I see my zoos are opened up more, colours are brighter, but that could just be the simple equation of more blue I. The lighting. But I'm impressed that some zoos I haven't see nice and wide for a long time are looking full and explosive already.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
They getting some kessil love. How high intensity are you running it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skim

Just be real careful with the Kessil power, when you think its right them down. I have 2 360we over my 100 Gal. and it has taken a long time to figure them out, its quite embarrassing for me to say but I have created many coral skeletons then I would like to admit with the Kessil lights from under estimating the power of them. I have see video's and read post's where they say PAR is CRAP on Kessil and they switched to RADIONs or something else. Well I got suckered into it and could not figure out why I was losing corals not all but polyp's would not extend and some would get lighter and lighter and start to recess and next thing I know, " Oh look another white skeleton for the shelf or rubble " . I would think not enough light so 60% went to 70% and 80% when I hit 70 to 75% the fish started to hide, boy you think it would have clicked then but no lets have another Coral fry and my LPS retracted. Well jump forward to now and I am at 35% intensity 10" from surface and color at 100% a peak hours and colors are starting to pop and polyps are out and one there out so much you can't see the base and fish are out and the inverts and little critters. All I can say is BE CAREFUL because at first it will look vary positive and wham.
Like I said its embarrassing after all I be in and out of the Hobby 20 plus in REEF and Aquariums in general for 35 years have used Florescent to MH VHO and moved to LED's and this is a new ball game, specially the Kessil's. I don't know if its the Optics they or the if its the glitter they create, I know that glitter will increase light intensity many times and this could be it. I read an article years ago about a test with a PAR meter and readings that they where getting on the Reef and the big surprise to them was the glitter lines, when they would pass over the probe they would massive readings for slit second, I can't remember the numbers but I do remember the multiplication factor was in double digests.
Anyhow that's more then I wanted to post. All I can say is be careful and start low, lower then what you would think and especially if you tend to run more blue because that will always look darker.

From one humbled reefer.

Skim

Sewerat

Super Active Member
I turned them on full. I've been running led on max for almost a year but just wasn't getting the colour or spread I wanted.... Will need to rethink this now.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I like Radion because you can ramp it up over a period of weeks. I have mine on a schedule that will ramp up to 50% in 4 weeks