Keurig 2.0 Hack --permanently, Unlock Menus

Quartapound

Hey guys, not sure if anyone else here owns a Keurig 2.0 but I figured I would post this here because it helped me.

Originally used Keurig 1.0 K40 with Tim Hortons K-cups, until it died.

Replaced with new Keurig 2.0, the Tim Hortons cups weren't compatible with the new "DRM" pods,(although they are now) so I found a hack online that involved taping a piece of a valid kcup into the lid, which worked for awhile until the tape would come loose from the steam, and I'd have to retape it.

Also, I found this neat trick with a magnet that unlocked the extra menu on the machine as if there was a carafe there, so it lets you make bigger cups, etc. ...until the magnet trick stopped working eventually for some reason, nothing I did made it work again.

Soooo I just found this video hack, and did it... It's much more permanent, it was VERY easy, and now my Keurig 2.0 is hacked forever, I can use whatever pod I want in it, and make whatever size.

cut one green wire (optical sensor allows you to use any pod)

splice 2 wires to bypass magnetic switch (unlock extra menu)

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
lol. I only ever need to afford half of something ;) ....anyway I thought you said you've already been an electrical apprentice lol
Back when I was an electrical apprentice, I worked hard and was paid poorly and married a woman that thought I should be too proud to let her work for a living.

Quartapound

Cool. I was given the 2.0 but have a ton of the non compatible cups. I tried to just lay a cover on a cup but didn't work. I'll try this later. Anyone find a way to make it hotter?
Doubt you'll be able to get it any hotter. But the mod is super easy. Phillips screwdriver and scissors <10 min

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quartapound

heres a quick article about water temp and keurig http://blog.crosscountrycafe.com/blog/keurig-faqs-how-to-achieve-the-optimal-brewing-temperature

takeaway from the article....
In general it can be agreed that the optimal temperature for a perfect cup of joe is somewhere between 190-200 degrees Fahrenheit. All Keurig brewers come preset at 192 degrees F and that suits us just fine.
However, one common complaint about Keurig brewing is that the coffee is not hot enough. But, as we stated above, it certainly is set to a very hot temperature so how could this be?

- Using a cool ceramic mug will chill the coffee the second it hits this surface. Try running a water only brew cycle into the mug to warm the ceramic before brewing.

what I do personally...
microwave some water in my coffee mug first so that it's nice and hot, and doesn't suck the heat out of my coffee.

seems to work for me

Quartapound

I just tested mine with a digital cooking thermometer, my coffee was 167degrees, 10oz strong. Losing 25 degrees through the pod seems reasonable I guess

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk