Kevin's 200g Mix Reef

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
I’ve been buy, sell and traded corals (love doing this:)).now there are more variety with different spike of colour lol. It small right now, but the game are to grow them right?

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Hi everyone! So it had been a while since I am on here. How is everyone doing? Corals are growing well I hope . I am still in the hobby running a 75g frag tank with some fish and corals. I was away for a few week and lost most of my sps frags, as expected. Anyway I am working on starting up my dt again, I just finished the aquarscape and it my best one yet
08BD0C0B-7934-43E3-B239-AE19DF71876B.jpeg

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
The rocks have been sitting dry for a while, I am thinking of just add water and let it circulate with a skimmer for a few week and completely change the water a few time to clean out the rock
Any body knows a better way of cleaning the rock in the tank?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
The rocks have been sitting dry for a while, I am thinking of just add water and let it circulate with a skimmer for a few week and completely change the water a few time to clean out the rock
Any body knows a better way of cleaning the rock in the tank?

Just let them percolate in the tank with the skimmer running. After a week or so run tests and check phosphate, if it's negligible, then should be good in a couple of weeks for a fish or two and just go from there.

When I moved tanks, I started with just a bit of used deadrock, and a lump of livesand from my DT. slowly increased bioload, all was good.

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Just let them percolate in the tank with the skimmer running. After a week or so run tests and check phosphate, if it's negligible, then should be good in a couple of weeks for a fish or two and just go from there.

When I moved tanks, I started with just a bit of used deadrock, and a lump of livesand from my DT. slowly increased bioload, all was good.
I am thinking of using tab water for this, any thought on this one

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
I used tap water to cycle the tank, don’t know what the consequences will be. Any I put this beast back in action, is an old skimmer and the best I have own. Cor20 for return pump, oh and seed the tank with aquavitro seed
CF24BCCB-E75B-44BA-A5FA-5E9B67BA29F5.jpeg
ED8FDC13-17D5-4DFA-89A2-392785589720.jpeg