lawnmower blenny

Status
Not open for further replies.

harleymike

Super Active Member
My lawnmower blenny is changing colours. He is usully puprle with specs. But tonight he turned white around the lips, fins, gills, and certain spots on his body. Its like he was controllling it trying too belend in. Can they do this.
see pic

Seggsy

Hmmm, never seen on that colour.  I have a bicolour blenny - not sure if it's stress or camoflauge, but he get's white spots all over sometimes.  It can come and go with him pretty quick.  Keep an eye - see if it's an off and on thing.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
doesnt look like any lawnmower blenny i have ever seen.

i dont like the looks of his mouth.  looks like somethings wrong.  hopefully its just a bad picture.

harleymike

Super Active Member
apparently after further investigation. This is not a lawnmower blenny. It is a starry blenny. It would appear that this is normal.
I think its cool looking, and it eats algae so thats cool with me. ;D

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Hey Guys
Heath has a jewelled blenny, I think they also go by starry and a mulitple of other names and it does exactly this kind of behaviour. pretty cool. I'd say it's typical behaviour from what I've seen of hers - fascinating little creatures ! Can be bullies, at least Heath's is LOL
sunny kita 

Jwps

I too have a Starry Blenny that I have had for a year and it constantly changes colours to where its perched.  Very cool fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.