leather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
hey..the other day there was a about 5 rocks all fell down to the sand    ..dunno if there was a earthquake  ..but anyway the anemone is still doin  good  it fell flat on its face in the sand  but this happened overnite  ..the big leather i got  from dale  is not doing good ..so we found out my actnic lights where not coming on autmaticaly    do they like the white lihgt?

msteane

Leathers, like any coral, do need light in the spectrum provided by your actinic bulbs.  On the other hand you mentioned that your rockwork was disturbed.  I know that when my leathers get disturbed or moved around they will shrivel up and not extend their polyps.  Sometimes they stay this way for several days, and in some cases end up shedding of a thin outer layer.  If it hasn't been long, I would suggest just leaving it alone and keeping an eye on it.  Leathers are pretty hardy corals.

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
it is doin really good now..we did a new tank transfer yesterday  ..looks like everyone liked the holiday in the air when they came out of the tank into a 5 gallon bucket for about a hour to 2 hours  and in a brand new tank

Status
Not open for further replies.