led blue strip

Status
Not open for further replies.

harleymike

Super Active Member
I need a tripod. i only got one thats not blurry. It does it no justice at all.
Looks awesome in person. Both tanks are cool. Anemone is pretty neat looking too.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Your anemone looks like it is growing nicely. Good work mike keep it up :)

harleymike

Super Active Member
Thanks Jerry
He isnt even fully out in that pic. He is doing great.
Gets fed about once a week now.
MIke

nitro069

What kind of lighting system are you running now Mike?? Are you using the strip as a supplemental light or as night only or both. either way  looks like the colours would really pop with the led.

harleymike

Super Active Member
Just got them for viewing at night. See link above.
There only ebay specials out of china. Nothing fancy, but they work.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
How many LEDs are on a strip? I have 8 blue led moonlights on my fixture and it shows awesome colours in the corals. I wish my t5's did that

nitro069

I may be interested in trying that also. have you used it with your t5s? if so do you notice a difference? i remember reading somewhere that if you leave your moonlights on all night it could stress your fish out cause they can see the blue lights and that keeps them awake.

I know when I switched to my ati unit with the ati blue plus bulbs on only, the difference was night and day in coral colouration and the way they "pop".

harleymike

Super Active Member
I strictly baought them too turn on and off manually at night. Just to see what went on during lights out.
I didnt realize how much the corals would glow.
There are probably better options out there, they were only like 20 bucks delivered each.

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.