Lighting Question

Wagonpitt

I have a 90g standard tank, aquatic life 48inch fixture. 4 t5 2 mh 4moon led. My end goal is nice coral colour growth and some pop. For colour and growth from what im reading the t5 mh is ideal. But no combination of t5/mh ive seen give the "pop" the led do. i was thinking to get 2 or more puck led either hydra or radion or something similar but cheaper. I would those under my mh and just use as led t5 combo. Ive tried led strips but either gets washed out or to direct i can clearly see a blue bar in the tank

Would this accomplish what i want ?

led would only be about 3 or 4 inch from water, is that too low.

Any other ideas ?

Also thinking going all led with just one or 2 t5 on edges but that would be alot more expensive and least likely option

Right now i have a variety or softy and lps and one monti cap but eventually id probably like some other Sps.

Thanks in advance for any input

Countryfish

on my 125g I have led strips 7 inches from the water and then 2 t5's with actinic bulbs at the front of my tank angled down and back and love the appearance and growth i am getting. i get a nice blue shimmer on the tank making the corals show great colouring and the leds help keep it bright enough that all the corals stay fully open through the day. Tank is only 4 months old and me leather has doubled in size to 10"

Quartapound

I'm pretty happy with the T5's I've got going now. ATI really know's how to make a good bulb. I wouldn't consider others. I do have some Royal blue Cree XP-E leds that I turn on at night after the normal photoperiod is off, and it really does look fantastic... but I'm super happy with the 'pop' my 2 Blue Plus, Coral Plus, Purple plus give me... I had trouble dialing in my LED's beforehand, and my corals look much better now under T5 because it's so easy.