lionfish cloud eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

dale

does anybody know what to do about this, 1 eye is cloudy and the other is fine, been this way for 3 weeks, ive had the fish for 2 mos, he along with 3 other fish are in hyposalinity for about a month. yesterday i noticed red on the outside of his eye. i looked at meds at petsmart (thats all i have access to) and none made me confident enough to use them. water is sp.g 1.08, ph 8.2, nitate 20. (that all im testing for). im doing 10 gal water changes every 3 days in a 50 gal tank. any input would be appreciated. meds are ok because they are in a hospital/ h.s. tank. thanx ,.,.,, Dale /.,,.., (he has been eating shrimp and some fish from grocery store and 2 rosies every 10 days or so cus he doesnt eat much).

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I have some meds I got in a box of fish stuff, u float a pill in a little mesh thingy, never used it. Its instant ocean brand, your welcome to have it. I'm at work so I can't check the name of it.. Believe it starts with a "m" ill check when I'm off work in a couple hours.

dale

ok thnx, i dont have internet right now but i will try to get to the cafe later, maybe leave your # so i could give you a call. thanx.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
k got home and checked it doesnt start with an M.. its "Instant Ocean Lifeguard" specifically for saltwater fish. not safe for inverts or macro algae.. cant tell you much about it except its a use at own risk cause like i said i have zero first hand experience, it just came with a box of fish stuff i got from a guy. as far as i can tell its brand new, everythings sealed. but if you trust it more than stuff from petsmart you are welcome to give it a try, all you gotta do is come pick it up. pm'd you my phone number.

Heres the sales pitch

Instant Ocean Lifeguard

Our Instant Ocean Lifeguard tablets with HaloShield® attack a broad range of external fish diseases in saltwater aquariums including bacterial, fungal, viral, and parasitic. It's HaloShield®, a revolutionary non-antibiotic agent, that makes LIFEGUARD pre-measured tablets so tough on harmful disease-causing microorganisms. Safeguard tanks with LIFEGUARD! One tablet treats 10 gallons of water, recommended treatment is for five days.

and this is the active ingredient.

1-chloro-2,2,5,5-tetramethyl-4-imidazolidinone

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
If your tank params are inline and all other fish are healthy, I would just try to make sure you feed him well. Maybe soak some of his food in vitamins or garlic? Sometimes messing too much with things can stress sick fish out more. If it's eating and swimming well, maybe a low stress environment might be best. Lionfish tend to be hardy. Maybe bring the salinity back to normal levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.