LONDON FRAG FEST 2013 - JUNE 1, 2013

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Event tentatively back on.  Seems to be all-clear from all the people of authority including:
City police
O.P.P.
R.C.M.P.
Ministry of Natural Resources
City of London - event licensing.

If you can think of anyone else I should clear this with, let me know, thanks!

http://www.londonfragfest.ca

Date: June 1, 2013
Times: Vendor setup at 10am-12am, Public open 12-4pm.
Location: The Legion building just off Colonel Talbot Road, north of both the 401 and the 402.  7097 Kilbourne Road, London Ontario N6P 1R2

There will be a cash bar and a cash BBQ put on by the Legion.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Re: LONDON FRAG FEST 2013 - OFFICIAL THREAD

I should clarify that to get a table, you will have to sign up on the official site and pick a location.  It would be nice to have people sign up earlier rather than later.  If I'm going to be running around the day of the swap (likely), I don't want to be 'last-minuting' anyone in.

To SIGN UP:

ALL TABLES SOLD FOR EVENT

Darryl_V

Super Active Member

How big are the tables?  If we have a good turnout I dont want to hog a whole table if Im only gonna use half...so I thought I would ask.

I definitely want something though.

Thanks Glen for pulling through......should be awesome.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

Darryl_V link said:
How big are the tables?  If we have a good turnout I dont want to hog a whole table if Im only gonna use half...so I thought I would ask.

I definitely want something though.

Thanks Glen for pulling through......should be awesome.

I'm pretty sure they're 4x8, which is a pretty good size really.  We have one half table sold, it might be enough to just sell some frags, as long as you play well with others lol.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

Tables:

Tables are standard fold out 4x8 (I will doublecheck this before we get closer, along with exact measurements of the hall). There are no covers for them so I highly suggest the following:

Bring a cover of some kind to cover the table, I plan to just get a big whack of cheap cloth at a sewing stores.  If someone has a good idea of what works chime in).
Extention cords and power bar.  I -think- there is 6 outlets for the whole place, so we'll be plugging in all over the place.  Good idea to tape your cord down or someone's tank will go sailing.
Duct tape: to tape your cords down. Try not to use too much, as we have to get it all up when we're done.
Signage.  Doing up a banner or logo for either the front of the table or the wall behind you will go a long way to a professional appearance (and higher prices) ;)
Lighting. We'll likely have the main lights off to better showcase the corals, so if your display is mainly dry goods, etc, a light source might be a good idea even without corals!
Cash box and change:  A cash box keeps the bills tidy, makes it easier to make change and is easy to keep an eye on.  Do keep an eye on your stuff as I'm not responsible for losses.  Take your box with you if you go for a break!!
Don't be a problem. Remember I'm doing this for charity, I'll likely be fairly frazzled the day of, and I have about a 0% tolerance level for stupidity on a good day.  I really don't anticipate problems, but when you get people, cash, egos and yes, beer together in a relatively small room, things can go sideways pretty easy.  Let's all try to get along, especially you guys that are bigger than I am, as it will be hard trying to evict you :)
Show up early if you have a booth.  We can be in by 10am, if you have a lot of setup then be there.  Public will not be let in until 12 sharp, and no, there won't be any 'let me in 10 minutes early' bribes taken that I will admit to. :)
I'm not a DJ. I plan to have some tunes going to keep the hall from being silent and creepy, but please don't ask me to find a certain lady gaga tune for you. 
Bags. Only you know what you're selling, and what size and type bag you need, however time and time again zip lock bags have been known to leak, split, shred and perforate.  I think we had a thread about bags before the last swap.  Anyway, get some good bags for your stock. Have some bigger bags, because people can only buy as much as they can carry. 
Cooler. If you plan to sell frags outside of a tank (ie in bag form) be sure to bring them in an insulated bag or box to keep the temps as regulated as possible.  June 1st should be a good temp for coral, but you never know with our kooky weather.
That's all I can think of for now, I will update this if i think of anything else, and please feel free to chime in. 

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
LONDON FRAG FEST 2013 - OFFICIAL THREAD

DJ can you play my song 1 more time ?

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate

Assuming seller will be responsible or providing bags for frags they sell?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

jerry_doucette link said:

I can provide one small black dog poop bag per table.  Everything beyond that is up to the vendor :)

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Re: Re: LONDON FRAG FEST 2013 - OFFICIAL THREAD

jerry_doucette link said:

Dollar store, Glad medium freezer bags = perfect.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

davesolo29

Super Active Member

ricklalonde

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca

Hey Salty can you stick me beside Dave (Bigshow) table 5 A/B. I probably wont need a full table either. If it comes down to it, I would be more than happy to share.

AdamS

davesolo29 link said:
you may want to double check with the legion about the power situation.

when we rent the waterloo in for oktoberfish, im quite certain that any tanks that required heat, filtration or lighting had to be on a gfci. 
i use something like this on all my jobsites.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=100140196&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&cm_sp=BazVoice%2d%5f%2dRLP%2d%5f%2d100140196%2d%5f%2dx

This is correct but $27 each seems a bit pricey. I would message ReefHero and see if he can whip something up.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member

I can make up a whip with a gfci recept on it......this would double the outlets as well....how many do we need?? 12?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD