Looking For A New Cellphone Plan? Check This Out

Quartapound

Hey guys,

thought I'd share this with everyone, anyone who's in the market for a new cellphone plan and not tied into a contract should check this out... WAY better than any other plan available... Anyone hate getting ripped off by the big 3?

$48/month no contract... unlimited Canada wide calling, unlimited texting, 5gb data, call display, etc, etc.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1868676-How-to-get-the-MB-SK-48-Plan-Anywhere-in-Canada

don't let em rip you off if you can!

Last edited:

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
I've been with Wind for 4 years. I pay $40.00 a month unlimited north American calling and unlimited world texting is what my plan is I believe. Unlimited internet but it slows down at 5gb.

Quartapound

I've been with Wind for 4 years. I pay $40.00 a month unlimited north American calling and unlimited world texting is what my plan is I believe. Unlimited internet but it slows down at 5gb.
I had wind in London and I was happy with it.... As soon as I came to Kitchener, reception was brutal... and it had to go.
Koodo uses the Bell/Telus network... so you have reception literally EVERYWHERE... (I tried Rogers for awhile too and it sucked lol)

you simply won't find service/price/data this good ANYWHERE else in Ontario *unless you got the TBay plan with Telus or Bell a few years back*

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
I had wind in London and I was happy with it.... As soon as I came to Kitchener, reception was brutal... and it had to go.
Koodo uses the Bell/Telus network... so you have reception literally EVERYWHERE... (I tried Rogers for awhile too and it sucked lol)
This last year Wind really has jumped up with the reception issue. I get reception in Brantford now and when in Kitchener mind you its not often but I usually have good reception.

Quartapound

This last year Wind really has jumped up with the reception issue. I get reception in Brantford now and when in Kitchener mind you its not often but I usually have good reception.

I agree, it's a good deal for some people, but still not comparable IMO... you need to be in major cities for reception... You likely won't get Home signal between any of the cities you listed, only once you arrive. for 8 more bucks a month you can be literally anywhere in Canada and use the phone without any roaming fees... Wind only really has coverage in small heavily populated pockets of Ontario, go anywhere else (or while driving between) you're stuck roaming... then $40 a month is no longer 40 a month lol

Last edited:

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I am interested because I am with TELUS but they have made some major snafus with my billing in the past and roaming is scary stuff. What do I ask the lady at telus for ?

Im old and need help lol

Quartapound

I am interested because I am with TELUS but they have made some major snafus with my billing in the past and roaming is scary stuff. What do I ask the lady at telus for ?

Im old and need help lol

just follow the steps 1 to 7 from the link that's in the first post. you'd have to leave Telus, this is a completely different provider, only similarity is the towers it connects to.

sLAsh

My wife and I and one of my sons have been with wind for quite a while so two of my plans are $25 per month and the other is $30. They do throttle your data once you reach 5gb and when you get to 8gb they throttle it even further so you can basically only do email and text.
Not a problem for me but my son is usually up to 5gb by the 20th or so.
When you roam you are on Rogers so you do have access everywhere but if you are someone who is often out of the cities the have a presence in you might be better off trying someone else.
The other problem is the wireless spectrum they are on doesn't penetrate wall s as well so you will get more interruptions indoors with them then with the other carriers