Loud Koralia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seggsy

I have an older koralia - I think it's a 3 or 4 - that has gotten quite loud.  I soaked it in vinegar for a couple of days, and still loud.  Impeller seems to spin ok when I take it apart.  Would a new impeller help, or is it time to move on?  Any other suggestions appreciated.

P

phi delt reefer

Is the magnet in the impeller scored or swollen?

Is the front cage that centres the shaft correctly seated?

nitro069

email korialla customer support and tell them the pump starts in reverse and your magnet is swollen. they will wend you a new front cover and magnet. see if that helps. mine were starting in reverse and it turned out to be that the rubber doohickey in the front was missing and my magnet was actually swollen a bit. parts showed up in about 2 weeks. 

chief hill

My 550 started in reverse once as well.  I unplugged it and took it apart plugged it back in and it was fine.  Still no idea why it happed.
Id try the email route too.  that can't hurt anything to replace the parts with new ones. 

P

phi delt reefer

chief hill link said:
My 550 started in reverse once as well.  I unplugged it and took it apart plugged it back in and it was fine.  Still no idea why it happed.
Id try the email route too.  that can't hurt anything to replace the parts with new ones.

something to do with AC current I think. there is no way of preventing this though. The "one way" housing they developed for later models still had issues. They just arent designed for use on a wave maker.

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Mine wasnt loud. But ran in reverse every other time it was powered off and on. Like the hydor smart controller does.  So i emailed koralia and i told them 2 powerheads where doing that and they send me 4 new front covers

Status
Not open for further replies.