Mandarin eating PE Mysis

Hayes

I have seen Mandarin's eating pellets out of an inverted baby food jar but have never seen one eating frozen food before. Thought this was very cool so I snapped a quick video. This is a wild caught fish that I have had for over a year, have never seen it interested in any foods that I have offered

Maybe its common, but Ive never seen it before

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I used the jar to get mine eating frozen foods.. only my male has ever eaten Mysis.. the female never goes for any food at all. my issue was if I put any Mysis in the tank all my other fish devour it well before the mandarin even had a chance to think about eating it, you must have that fish in a dedicated tank or something eh?

C

copperkills

Ive had my mandarin eating brine for quite sometime.  I recently switched to Mysis and he had no issues with the switch.  He spit out the first few attempts but then started wolfing down like a champ.  He even comes out to compete with my three clowns.  Its nice to see these finicky eaters take frozen.  I lost two before I succeeded with this guy.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Re: Re: Mandarin eating PE Mysis

pulpfiction1 link said:
i got 2 from bill and both eat mysys and pellets,and when torx was over i think they were even picking at flake i put in

They were eating like pigs and nice and plump. Might have to hit up IA eventually for one.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
The one I got from Bill at IA has eaten frozen right from the start, thank goodness!  He is getting fat, I think he is also eating the frozen Cyclopsese that I put in for the corals as well.  I may think about a female later but I will definately get her from Bill.

J

jones02

I have a female and she has also been eating myses like crazy. I don't feed flakes so I havnt seen her try eating that. But all frozen foods she eats

mark0933

Seems to me that spotteds (which you have) are much easier.  I have had spotteds in the past and they are always hardy and good eaters fo frozen once healthy.

Mark

Hayes

LOL
So Im not special ???

Had never seen it happen so I thought it was cool. That tank is packed, has three wrasses a Naso and a few anthias, I guess they were full....

Thanks guys

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Hayes link said:
LOL
So Im not special ???

Had never seen it happen so I thought it was cool. That tank is packed, has three wrasses a Naso and a few anthias, I guess they were full....

Thanks guys

u must feed a heck of a lot of Mysis.. lol Tangs are like vultures.