Mushrooms under a rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kleko

I got mushrooms under a rock and mushrooms ontop. Can I cut them off and glue them on to for light? Its a tiny rock

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I do, only where you cut the mushroom, the little piece that is left will/should grow a new mushroom. I have never had any luck with gluing them due to the oozing they do. I either place the frags into a container filled with rubble rock and after a few weeks they affix themselves to a piece of rock, then glue that rock to where I want it to be. The other option is to hold them in place on the rock you want with some netting aka the veil method. Place the frag where you want it and then lay netting over and secure with an elastic. As for netting you can get a cheap fish net and cut it up or just place it over.

Seggsy

Or if you can chisel / break the bottom bit where the extra shroom is, you can just glue that where you want (did this a while ago, and one shroom chiselled across the room and I never found the dang thing...)

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Seggsy link said:
(did this a while ago, and one shroom chiselled across the room and I never found the dang thing...)

LoL

Chiseling it off would be a great idea as well. And it should stop growth of others where you fragged the old one. Great idea there Seggsy

Status
Not open for further replies.