image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

thehvacman

Sorry dont know the names for them... I always buy frags and when they are that small its hard to tell how they will turn out. Chalice corals never disapoint, I've never seen an ugly one. To buy a large colony is always disappointing to your wallet $$$.

thehvacman

It's 96" × 24" x 22.5" I can't get a big tank into my basement, so I built this one in the basement. Guess I'm selling it with the house if I ever move. :)

thehvacman

There is a 48" 2x 54w ho t5's with 1 powerglo bulb and 1 marineglo bulb, and a 48" 50/50 xho reefbite led fixture over both sides for a total of 324 watts. Its the biggest tank you can make with 1/2" acrylic, only I added a 3/4" piece to the 1/2" for a total of 1 1/4" for the bulkhead fittings.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
There is a 48" 2x 54w ho t5's with 1 powerglo bulb and 1 marineglo bulb, and a 48" 50/50 xho reefbite led fixture over both sides for a total of 324 watts. Its the biggest tank you can make with 1/2" acrylic, only I added a 3/4" piece to the 1/2" for a total of 1 1/4" for the bulkhead fittings.
Curious...what are the dimensions of the openings in your top panel? Number and width of cross braces? I am currently working on a similar depth acrylic and am making changes to the top layout.

thehvacman

image.jpeg
You mean the top of the tank, right? Not a the canopy? I put a 2" support piece of acrylic around the whole inisde of the tank. I reinforced the corners with another overlapping piece, and I installed a cross member support in the middle. I took a couple of pictures.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
View attachment 7119 You mean the top of the tank, right? Not a the canopy? I put a 2" support piece of acrylic around the whole inisde of the tank. I reinforced the corners with another overlapping piece, and I installed a cross member support in the middle. I took a couple of pictures.

Only 2" and the center brace looks about the same? How much does it bow? That is a lot lighter than I was planning to go with my top panel. You've got me thinking that I can be a bit more aggressive opening out my top...

thehvacman

2" seems to be plenty big enough, and it doesn't bow at all. Acrylic is very strong. The tank plan I was looking at didn't call for the center brace, but I thought it made sense.