My 210 Gallon Lps Dominated Reef 15 Months Old

thehvacman

Ya I love movement and colour. I think sps is boring, and it costs more to run an sps system. The purple in these mushrooms is verify vibrant! I honestly haven't seen them again in stores in 10 years, and I regularly visit all reef stores in the gta. They sell for more than $100 for a small head on line. I'll frag them this weekend, and once attached and growing I will offer to members first.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Ya I love movement and colour. I think sps is boring, and it costs more to run an sps system. The purple in these mushrooms is verify vibrant! I honestly haven't seen them again in stores in 10 years, and I regularly visit all reef stores in the gta. They sell for more than $100 for a small head on line. I'll frag them this weekend, and once attached and growing I will offer to members first.
Seriously:eek:...I had mine for so long that they got boring...I don't know if I bothered to save any when I did the change...I'll have to search now!!!

thehvacman

The real Tonga purples and blues are really nice and completely different than the regular purple shrooms that most people have...
ya these are totally different.... These are actually Rhodactis mushrooms, they are very adaptable to aquarium life, I can attest that my have been through some shit and back. The purple colour is way better than the standard purple mushrooms, pictures of course don't show like real life.

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate

thehvacman

Wow absolutely amazing... what coral is the last pic... I believe it's ricordia right? If so what kind is it... I have the same one but not sure what kind
Yes that last pic was a ricordia, it is hard to get good clear shots of the mushrooms. But I am just using my phone or ipad :)

thehvacman

What do you guys think, is this a bounce mushroom? I've had it for years, and now for some reason the bubbles have gotten bigger in the last couple of months. I never thought is was before. But now maybe?
image.jpeg

thehvacman

IMG_0773.JPG
IMG_0774.JPG
IMG_0775.JPG
IMG_0776.JPG
IMG_0777.JPG
IMG_0778.JPG
IMG_0779.JPG
IMG_0780.JPG
IMG_0781.JPG
So its been a while since I have posted any updated pics. It was an long hot, and busy summer, so I couldn't do that much to the tank. I did buy 70 lbs of rock , that I cleaned and sculpture some nice arc ways with. Then I let the rock cook in tank water for 5 months. I requascaped the tank, and I think it looks way better now. I was able to incorporate a cave that has 2 entrances connected by ridgid potable water pipe, for my golden dwarf moray eel that I am going to add soon as he has been in quarantine for 10 months now and I am certain that he is parasite free and ready for the display tank. The last fish that I added were 2 blue tangs that had marine velvet in quarantine, and made it through a successful treatment but were badly scarred. They have been in the main tank for 5 months and their scars are healing nicely, but they will never look perfect. I now have a powder blue tang and a yellow eyed kole tang that made through a treatment for ich and have been in quarantine for 5 months, and they are pretty much ready for the display as well. So now I have to think about what to add next..... I'm leaning towards a marine betta fish. As you can tell by the length of quarantine, I make keeping a parasite free display a priority.

thehvacman

Hey guys, so the reef has been running for just over 2 and a half years now. The tank is basically on cruze control and is doing very well. All of the sps that I've been adding from @gtareef has been growing slow and steady and the colours are awesome! I've made great progress in my battle against hair algae, and aptasia is slowly disappearing. Sorry I haven't been on to do an update for a while, but here are some recent pics. I do more regularly post pictures of my tank on instagram I am the Thehvacman1 on there, if you want.
D6F69007-8B2F-461E-8E9E-0225D1AD5FC5.jpg
IMG_0037.JPG
IMG_0040.JPG
IMG_0046.JPG
IMG_0325.JPG
IMG_0326.JPG
IMG_0328.JPG
IMG_0331.JPG
IMG_0336.JPG
IMG_0347.JPG