My 40 Gallon Tall Mixed Reef !

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Hey @Luke,
In the bottom pic of all your corals that you posted on Wednesday, i see what looks like Sunny D's on the bottom left and I believe Japanese starburst on the upper right.
So my questions to you are;
1- what are the ones in the middle and....
2- when are you going to deliver my frags of the dragon Soul favia, unique flowerpot and acans ( micromussa )

You're correct
1 bottom middle are fire and ice and above are Rastas and on the sand bed are fruit loops and the one head beside I've never seen and got from @EricTMah , it's a very nice Zoa when they will grow out and look for full .:)

2 . Not sure yet ;) lol

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Full tank shots @Nick James

Blue
image.jpg

image.jpg

Whites
image.jpg

image.jpg

Luke.

Distinguished Member
So Yesterday me and my girlfriend sucsesfully moved our tank to our new home , and it was our 1st time moving a tank and was stressful at sometimes and it's been a long day we got everything in buckets and the truck loaded up within an hour (just had enough room lol)

image.jpg

and thought all was well but ran into some problems ( didn't have enough bins, could have used an extra heater , didn't mix enough new saltwater) lol stressful not to mention I've been to work in over a week because I hurt my shoulder and was told to rest but I had to be out and the deed had to be done. By the time the fish were in pails till they got into the tank was about 8-9 hours the water got cold about 72 and fish were slow and coral didn't look the greatest , and i left to grab something at the old house forgot the drip line going and had to much water out of the tanks and my powerhead shot water everywhere .. I guess it's all a learning curve and next move will go a lot smother lol ..and this means a new tank layout ! :)
I hope I don't lose anything I'll keep this posted in a few days or a week,

At the old house

image.jpg

At the new house(need a better room shot lol)

image.jpg

Ps I'd like to send a thanks to @EricTMah and @Painter Steve
For helping me collect some buckets and a frag rack for buckets . Great members on here !:).

Just a few more hours of moving and then we can enjoy whata left of the long weekend .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 80

Luke.

Distinguished Member
I got a room shot of the new room with the tank
image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 85

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Looks good bud, need to get a skin on that stand, nice and new for the new place :]
I know it's awful :( not to sure if I want to make a U shape out of some 5/8" wood and I could slide it in and out without any screws , maybe some doors on the front ? I'll have to draw up a plan

Thion

An easy cover I had on my old metal stand was basically 3 pieces of oak plywood with a decent magnet attached on each corner. Made access super easy and added a nice touch as it was stained a nice chocolate brown. The side pieces had trim on the top and bottoms and the front had the same but with corner molded trim (not sure of the actual term) on the right and left sides that fit snug around both side of the tank. Made it look like one solid piece but was actually 3 woth some trim around it... just some food for thought

Luke.

Distinguished Member
An easy cover I had on my old metal stand was basically 3 pieces of oak plywood with a decent magnet attached on each corner. Made access super easy and added a nice touch as it was stained a nice chocolate brown. The side pieces had trim on the top and bottoms and the front had the same but with corner molded trim (not sure of the actual term) on the right and left sides that fit snug around both side of the tank. Made it look like one solid piece but was actually 3 woth some trim around it... just some food for thought
Great idea do you know what it roughly cost to build around $100?

Thion

Well it all depends on the wood you use.. pine is much cheaper than oak but IMO oak looks nicer so that's what I went with. The stand I build for my current tank cost less than 150 and I built from scratch so a cover should run you 100 or less depending on the materials you want to use. The fancier you want to get the more it'll run you.

Thion

Take a trip to Lowes or Rona and see what stuff they have. If you're patient you can wait for a sale to go on and save yourself even more money... more money saved on materials means more money spent on corals right? Haha

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Take a trip to Lowes or Rona and see what stuff they have. If you're patient you can wait for a sale to go on and save yourself even more money... more money saved on materials means more money spent on corals right? Haha

Haha can't argue with that! Thanks for the help