My Display Tank

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
So before rumors get out about what happened to my display tank I figured I would make a post.
2 weeks ago the power went out in around our area and ours just flickered. At the same time when the power turned back on the power supply for my light unit went. We put a different much weaker light on the tank while waiting for a new power supply to show up. Of course the power supply did not show up until the following Thursday. By this point some corals were showing signs of stn but I had hoped they would recover once the lights were back up and running. Unfortunately I have lost my colonies of a couple things while the frags I had in there survived. Also all the montis on the back wall survived but my Sunset millie on the wall also perished. Stn became RTN on that one.
I was able to save one frag from my fire and ice prostrate and I was able to make 11 frags from my sunset while my green coral (no idea what it actually was) regressed as well.

So if anyone is wondering about how long a tank can survive with insufficient lighting the answer is definitely less than one week for SPS.

It was quite upsetting to me as that tank was my baby. I will however rebuild it up and hopefully now I can get some more colourful pieces to add to my collection.

Anyways in 2 weeks I should have some sunset millie frags for sale as long as they start encrusting and showing positive signs of growth.

Thank for reading.

Aaron