My Dream Miracles 300 Gallon Deep Dimension Reef

Monnishan

Aquarium fill and cycle getting started shortly. My apartment is no longer being sold so I can get running it finally. Mixed the first 110 gallons of saltwater today

Monnishan

So, a new update. Tank is now filled and started the nitrogen cycle tonight. Used a 5 month seeded marine pur block from my LFS and a pre-measured vial of ammonium chloride and a start dose of Continuum bacter gen-M purchased from Sustainable Marine. Should be ready for first fish very shortly. Playing around with Ecotech Smart on all my equipment. Very exciting time.

Monnishan

20180911_104255.jpg

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Wow, looking great. Lots of potential there for sure. I would like to suggest you get those MP40's supported asap though, one knock and those dry sides will fall and repairs are not covered under warranty for that.

Monnishan

Stocking has started. First fish were a 5 fish shoal of blue-green chromis. Then added 3 blue reef chromis , a royal gramma and a springer's damsel from Coral Reef Shop. Same day my 5 black phantom clowns arrived. Only fish I lost was one of the clowns overnight, but otherwise everyone doing well. 2 emerald crabs and 4 scarlet hermits are in as well.

Monnishan

More picture updates coming shortly. Been a very busy week on the tank, and it needs everything to settle in now. A couple of purchases from Canada Corals and a few members on Friday, and a nice coral and anemone haul from Brantford coral show and Living Aquarium today

Monnishan

Started out with 4 rose bubble tip anemones back in September. Biggest one is splitting again. There will be 9 in the tank now already . If I can figure out how to get them off the rock I might need to start selling off a couple lol.

Attachments

• 20181207_163834.jpg
    20181207_163834.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 82

MrHermit85

How are you looking to incorporate live edge into the stand wrap? I presume if you are using resin you are going to mate the live edges? Would look insaine!!! Where are you getting the resin from? If you are looking for just pine, lowes and HD sell fairly decent boards. With a bit of rummaging that is :)
Otherwise there are some decent online retailers for the more exotic ones from what I hear.

Monnishan

Also not sure where to get the resin yet if I do it myself. Looking to find a small shop within a reasonable drive to contract it out to. And would love a premium wood for the live edge. There's a nice wood shop in Cambridge on Eagle St and also heard there's an even better selection of rare woods in a Burlington shop.

Monnishan

I am now looking to add to my system in order to better care for corals. Fish and inverts in my system are all doing quite well, but i want to dial in more on corals. So the saving up begins lol. I'm going to go with a GHL run dosing system . I know Torx runs this system and loved his posts so far on it. So I'm looking to run both a KHDirector and the new Ion Director. Only question is whether i might also go with a Profilux 4 and run all my Ecotech thru it as well or leave the Ecotech alone as is. Any thoughts anyone would like to add are appreciated, especially from those with GHL experiences.